Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the "cleaned" updates have usually been considered dangerous by the trusted hackers (Team Twiizers at the time).
What? I was thinking more along the lines of Xbox 360 updates l. Even with the Wii, what was needed could be updated without taking the patches that block homebrew.

I loved the 360. If anything happened I could reflash. I could rebuild a nand with "pieces." I hope this makes more sense in terms of "clean."

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't know the hacker who made it but there used to be a cleaned 4.3 update for the wii wich created a lot o bugs, i could stil install dvdx but the modded update wouldn't accept the use of both the cios nor the dvdx hack. so i don't wanna try a modded update on wiiu since in wii it was already hacky.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair to the hackers though, twiizers pretty much claimed that every wii update was dangerous because of how notoriously brickable the wii is.

I don't recall them saying that about every update, just the 4.2 one. On WiiBrew, there's a recommendation to only use Nintendo's official update procedure.

rumblpak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall them saying that about every update, just the 4.2 one. On WiiBrew, there's a recommendation to only use Nintendo's official update procedure.

Pretty much any incomplete update could brick a wii; however, 4.2 updated boot2 to boot2v4 which is why it was known as being notoriously bad. Its why they recommended bootmii so heavily because it was safer.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much any incomplete update could brick a wii; however, 4.2 updated boot2 to boot2v4 which is why it was known as being notoriously bad. Its why they recommended bootmii so heavily because it was safer.

Bootmii was not an update replacement, it was a safety net. But anyway, talking about Wii hacking has gotten us pretty offtopic.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now we're back on topic, where people beg you(and boost the ego a little) for results and you remain cryptic about them.

Well let's just say we didn't get as much done these past 2 days as I would have liked. It's going along nicely aside from that.

an07her

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, last week I got my Wii U and it came with 5.0. Auto software downloads were disabled but once connected to internet it auto started updating without option to cancel. So now im stuck with 5.3.2. My only wish for the moment is to know if I will be ever able to play WiiWare & VC wads. There is so much information that I dont know what exactly I need. First I need Smash Stack, then homebrew channel and then patch to ios80? (Or is that even needed?) Im big noob with Wii system hacks, so bear with my questions :)

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, I was just making a joke about what this threads turned into.

I don't get why people expected you guys to do a lot, it's Christmas ffs.

Because NW Said they would try to get something going on Christmas when someone had asked. He didn't really say they would get something, but they way he said it left a lot of "hopefuls" to think that was a deadline given. So now the guys get 20 people asking things cuz they took something out of context and went with it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because NW Said they would try to get something going on Christmas when someone had asked. He didn't really say they would get something, but they way he said it left a lot of "hopefuls" to think that was a deadline given. So now the guys get 20 people asking things cuz they took something out of context and went with it.

Well, that's their problem for over-hyping it.

Reactions: narutopet112

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's their problem for over-hyping it.
The devs NEVER overhyped anything. It was random people making false assumptions causing the overhype.

This has nothing to do with you therandomizer (tagging is broken atm) but this thread needs some serious damage control

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: amazon seems decent enough