Wii U hacking and Emulator : Useless?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Noctosphere, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    We are STARTING to be able to hack/emulate the Wii U that, what's happening next year? A new Nintendo console get released.
    Before we get the console as much hacked as the wii is, Nx will be released for a while.
    What are you thinking about it? Do you think we can make it and fully hack Wii U before NX release?
    Do you think I will ever stop making useless posts? Do you think NX will be that awesome?
    Do you think Nx will be a New Wii U like N3ds was for 3ds?
    :):):):):)

2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Well if I can play ZeldaU with loadiine when its finally released I shall be saying, NO roll on its all good!!!

Edit: also if I can get TW101 to boot up within the next 10mins and I can play it, then I shall also be pleased! :)

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 16, 2015
  3. WiiFoundLove

WiiFoundLove GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2015
    Afghanistan
    I have bought my Wii U to play Mario/Donkey Kong Games. Other Games are not important like these, but i have bought ~10 Original Games. If NX will be released before Wii U is completly hacked i think i will buy it too, and if it's wii u compatible i may sell my Wii U. Dunno, but i wouldn't say that hacking the Wii U is useless cause not everybody may want to buy NX. But first of all let's see what NX will be... :)

4. arse

arse Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2015
    Hi there, allow me to introduce you to two people I know; Mrs Patience and Mr Realistic Expectations.

You should spend time getting to know them.

lolzvid, mech, TheKawaiiDesu and 5 others like this.
  5. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Oh no, the Wii U is released, RIP Dolphin 2003-2012

6. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Oh wait.

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  7. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    It's unfortunate that a console only gets hacked to it's full potential on the end of it's life cycle when another console is already released... And then everyone forgets about it. It's like when I asked if USB HIDs on Wii homebrew emulators were a possibilty, I was ignored and everyone told me to do something else because the Wii was dead. I feel like this will happen all over again with the Wii U. Hacking is beggining just now, and when it's good enough, people will move on to the obviously much harder to hack NX.

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    who knows maybe the NX will be an open platform :creep:

but seriously people move with the times, sure some things get left on the roadside as they loose popularity,but i would prefer dev's tackling the new systems rather than still sitting there now trying to achieve everything imaginable on the atari 2600

its not like the wii has any shortage of appropriate controller solutions for each console

Last edited by gamesquest1, Oct 16, 2015
    VinsCool likes this.
  9. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    Yeah, but I don't get it. USB just sounds so obvious. It doesn't make any sense not to integrate something like that.

10. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Hey, this is something that should stay alive for all platforms :angry:
    Latest VCS demos are impressive.

Pacheko17 likes this.
  11. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    Norway
    Lunatea
    One question: Is Wii (yes, the original) hacking useless now?

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    nope, everything still works emulators etc.......its just not getting much love in terms of new homebrew except the occasional update

Pacheko17 likes this.
  13. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    It should get way more love. The Wii still has some hidden potential... I just wish I could code instead of just complaining about it on forums... I should start a blog.

14. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    Norway
    Lunatea
    Oh, I do know that, sorry. It was a rhetorical question. It's not useless now, and I'm pretty sure that in the future we'll be able to make good use of whatever hackers will be able to do with the Wii U now.

15. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    tbh the wii got a lot of love in its prime, and still draws some attention thanks to vwii mode on the wiiu and the fact you could probably find a wii just walking down the street lol, but considering the specs of the system i think it did alright

TheKawaiiDesu, Ridge and Pacheko17 like this.
  16. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    If there were more people interested in this console being hacked to its fullest, it would have been already. For-profit hackers use a technique of judging time vs money by watching the amount of pre-orders to decide whether or not to continue. With the wii u being on the smallest end of purchases and not having a large lineup of games made it really isn't worth their time to seek the means.
    That leaves non-profit hackers. Non-profit hackers are low budget and work with limited time and resources. Typically with non-profit hackers it's a one and done situation and teams that exploit one console aren't usually the ones exploiting the next one. (Thus the next guy gets guidance from previous but the rest they learn on their own) New teams usually means becoming a self taught developer. (So it takes time)
    Add that to the fact that this particular console does not have many games to offer so now you have a limited (in numbers) team.
    Honestly, these guys have done an extraordinary job in achieving console freedom thus far. I honestly didn't think they would get past 5.3.2 let alone come up with a workaround updating all together. Once they break a barrier they seem to begin exploitation rather quickly. I am actually amazed with the current team/s.

17. Ghork

Ghork GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2008
    NX released next year? Really? We don't even know anything about it.
    Unless Smash Bros 4 or a new Zelda gets released for NX I may not even get one.

And seeing as hacking becomes possible, the lifetime of Smash Bros 4 will get longer and thereby so will the console.

18. Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2014
    1.) Tacos
    2.) No, but it will be like 3ds
    3.) Never!
    4.) Yes, think PS4/Vita but done right and fully integrated
    5.) No but I think it will be cross platform and NX will be integrated into Wii U as extension.

19. Noctosphere
    OP

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    It is confirmed that NX specs will be revealed in early 2016 and the console itselft shall be released in late 2016 :)

20. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Who the fuck cares. Am just SUPER HAPPY that soon I'll have a chance to play Wii U games on my GTX 970 system using CEMU :D