Hardware Wii U Gamepad and Firmware

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Might be a silly question, I have my Wii U on 4.1.0 or 4.3.0, I forget.. but I want it on this firmware for exploit purposes when it eventually goes public.

My gamepad has started acting up, keeps losing connection or lagging when I play specifically on it, so I'm going to need to send it to Nintendo to look at. I assume firmware is solely a console thing? There's nothing they could do to my gamepad that would update my system when I get it back or anything?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you only send in your Wii U GamePad, you're fine. It has no bearing to the firmware installed on the console and as far as I understand a replacement Wii U GamePad will work just as your old one without requiring a firmware update.

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Received it back in the mail today after it's fixed, it was... interesting, if I turned on the Gamepad before syncing to my console I could see the menu of the repair centre's tet Wii U, including Mario Kart 8 in the drive, which I don't own. But after syncing it to my Wii U I'm still on the same firmware. ^^

Reactions: vahnx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day