Wii U Gamepad and Firmware

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Xirix, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Xirix
    OP

Xirix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Might be a silly question, I have my Wii U on 4.1.0 or 4.3.0, I forget.. but I want it on this firmware for exploit purposes when it eventually goes public.

My gamepad has started acting up, keeps losing connection or lagging when I play specifically on it, so I'm going to need to send it to Nintendo to look at. I assume firmware is solely a console thing? There's nothing they could do to my gamepad that would update my system when I get it back or anything?

2. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    If you only send in your Wii U GamePad, you're fine. It has no bearing to the firmware installed on the console and as far as I understand a replacement Wii U GamePad will work just as your old one without requiring a firmware update.

3. Xirix
    OP

Xirix GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Received it back in the mail today after it's fixed, it was... interesting, if I turned on the Gamepad before syncing to my console I could see the menu of the repair centre's tet Wii U, including Mario Kart 8 in the drive, which I don't own. But after syncing it to my Wii U I'm still on the same firmware. ^^

vahnx likes this.
  4. Mushkin

Mushkin GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2007
    Portugal, Porto
    in one off the updates to the wii u the gamepad received an update i think

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Yes, at the very least when they added quicklaunch, the pad needed an update. Maybe others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice