Wii U "Full" Games List

Fibrizo

Not Valwin
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly we didn't get any sneak peak of Miyamoto's new projects and other Nintendo projects like Retros new game or the possibility of a new Star Fox, F-zero or new IP.
We've known for a while that Nintendo as a company has grown a lot and even more so recently with the new development buildings and the amount of new developer hiring in both Japan and the US.

Anyone remember Nintendo hiring people able to paint with oil based paint for textures in a game?
Imagine how awesome that would look as an art direction in a game.

Miyamoto just did an interview with joystick and said that one of his new projects is going to be revealed soon. Can't wait to see what it is since Pikmin 3 definitely seems to be able to live up to the hype it gets, Miyamoto's claims that it would be the most strategic and deepest game in the series made me very interested in seeing how it turns out.

Friday we could get some retro stuff

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pikmin 3 *

tumblr_m576wszTXH1rwnp75o1_400.gif

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little worrying that there is already quite a lot of shovelshit.
I don't understand why shovelware infuriates people so much.
It only appears on hardware that has a large market and is successful, it's more a compliment to the hardware than an insult (despite the terrible quality of the games).
I'm not angry. I'm worried about the system.
Well, on the plus hand, it proves to all the people who complain about piracy leading to shovelware, that piracy DOESN'T lead to shovelware (unless the Wii U has been hacked already?)

Because if it gets worst it's going to be like the wii, with 10 memorable games and literally hundreds upon hundreds of shovelware.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little worrying that there is already quite a lot of shovelshit.
I don't understand why shovelware infuriates people so much.
It only appears on hardware that has a large market and is successful, it's more a compliment to the hardware than an insult (despite the terrible quality of the games).
I'm not angry. I'm worried about the system.
Well, on the plus hand, it proves to all the people who complain about piracy leading to shovelware, that piracy DOESN'T lead to shovelware (unless the Wii U has been hacked already?)

Because if it gets worst it's going to be like the wii, with 10 memorable games and literally hundreds upon hundreds of shovelware.
There were actually quite a few good Wii titles, they were just hidden by the aforementioned shovelware. Disregarding the shovelware, its my favorite 7th generation console because of its library (if you bar the PC and handhelds).

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Doesn't seem bad... although the only "solid" title that grabs my attention is pikmin. Hopefully they are not going to pull a "3ds-esque" launch line-up (they say that they are learning from their past mistakes, but e3 didn't convince of it).
The 3DS launched without *any* good games. There was Streetfighter. Period.
Even one game like Pikmin 3 would make the Wii u launch 1000x more successful than the 3DS. And it's already got a few other good looking launch titles.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-188346

There were actually quite a few good Wii titles, they were just hidden by the aforementioned shovelware. Disregarding the shovelware, its my favorite 7th generation console because of its library (if you bar the PC and handhelds).
That's assuming that shovelware actually has the ability to hide quality titles. I don't think that it does.
Shovelware is rarely reviewed by the major review websites aside from joke reviews, and the quality titles have nearly always been the easiest to locate within department stores (at least, in my experience). Shovelware may have strength in pure numbers of games developed but that doesn't mean that it somehow overpowers the high quality and critically acclaimed titles.

You're assuming that the reason that the Wii only had 10 memorable games (in your opinion) was due to shovelware, which is ridiculous. Developers don't decide "hey, let's cancel this high budget and promising title because the system we chose has shovelware".

Shovelware is the byproduct of having a highly-marketable and promising game delivery system. It's not just restricted to consoles either, look at Facebook, the Apple App Store, and the Android Marketplace for example.

As I said earlier, shovelware is less of a plague, and more of an annoying compliment to whatever medium it appears on.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in Pikmin 3, Lego Universe Undercover, New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Project P-100 and Rayman Legends, so I'll probably start off with those. I might pickup Batman, Assassin's Creed III, Darksiders II, and Ninja Gaiden III but not sure yet. I might get Assassin's Creed III and Darksiders II on PC instead though still undecided at this time.The one game I want for Wii U probably won't be out until 2013 sometime and that's Dragon Quest X. The launch lineup/launch window games have me at least interested enough to pick up a Wii U at launch.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's assuming that shovelware actually has the ability to hide quality titles. I don't think that it does.
Shovelware is rarely reviewed by the major review websites aside from joke reviews, and the quality titles have nearly always been the easiest to locate within department stores (at least, in my experience). Shovelware may have strength in pure numbers of games developed but that doesn't mean that it somehow overpowers the high quality and critically acclaimed titles.
That's assuming that all quality titles are fairly rated, rated at all, and that the average consumer actually looks at reviews before reviews before they go out to shop for games, none of which happen all of the time. One important thing to note is that if you're in a
game store, Wii shovelware will practically shower you, thus leaving one's research and judgement to finding the good games, and that's not how it should be.

D

Deleted-188346

That's assuming that all quality titles are fairly rated, rated at all, and that the average consumer actually looks at reviews before reviews before they go out to shop for games, none of which happen all of the time.
Nearly nothing happens all of the time. I never said or assumed anything did happen all the time within your quotes, either.

One important thing to note is that if you're in a game store, Wii shovelware will practically shower you, thus leaving one's research and judgement to finding the good games
That's how all consumer choices are made. All stores contain products of varying price and quality, and it's up to the consumer to research and use judgement to settle on a choice of purchase.

and that's not how it should be.
The need to research and use judgement would be unnecessary if no stores ever contained deceptively poor products.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nearly nothing happens all of the time. I never said or assumed anything did happen all the time within your quotes, either.
Regardless, if all of those factors are ruled out (or really just one or two of them) then shovelware can effectively "hide" quality games.
That's how all consumer choices are made. All stores contain products of varying price and quality, and it's up to the consumer to research and use judgement to settle on a choice of purchase.
Well yeah, it is. However, one must understand that the average consumer doesn't always have the common sense to research before they buy a game. We still live in an age where people cover shop and look for what looks cool, in fact, that makes up almost the entirety of our "Hardcore Gamers". The average consumer usually relies on word-of-mouth and aesthetics when purchasing a game, and that's a problem. A major problem. This is especially a problem in the case of the Wii, where shovelware may "look" better than quality titles without actually being better.
The need to research and use judgement would be unnecessary if no stores ever contained deceptively poor products.
I don't think very many realities exist where that isn't the case. The point is that people like money, and stores don't really care what they put out as long as it doesn't detriment them.

D

Deleted-188346

Regardless, if all of those factors are ruled out (or really just one or two of them) then shovelware can effectively "hide" quality games.
Those factors aren't ruled out though.
Hiding quality games from sight (why would anyone...), and reviewing all shovelware games will never happen.
It wouldn't make any sense to do those things. Besides, because they don't happen, it is irrelevant.

Well yeah, it is. However, one must understand that the average consumer doesn't always have the common sense to research before they buy a game. We still live in an age where people cover shop and look for what looks cool, in fact, that makes up almost the entirety of our "Hardcore Gamers". The average consumer usually relies on word-of-mouth and aesthetics when purchasing a game, and that's a problem. A major problem. This is especially a problem in the case of the Wii, where shovelware may "look" better than quality titles without actually being better.
The average consumer absorbs a lot of information in regards to purchasing games, not just word-of-mouth and aesthetics.
That includes game reviews, advertisements (online, physical, television, printed, guerilla, etc), game cover, demos, and much more.

There will always be customers don't research, but that is just life. Some people don't care.
Regardless of shovelware being purchased, the high-quality games aren't suffering. They are nearly always the top sellers, or in the top list.

I just don't see how this is a problem.
There isn't any remedy to poor-quality goods, and they aren't harming anybody, aside from our good times.

They do, however, teach us a valuable lesson when we purchase them.
"RESEARCH NEXT TIME!"

I don't think very many realities exist where that isn't the case. The point is that people like money, and stores don't really care what they put out as long as it doesn't detriment them.
I'm glad, neither do I.
But you stated earlier "...thus leaving one's research and judgement to finding the good games, and that's not how it should be". The only situation that can exist where it would be acceptable for research and judgement to be absent from purchasing goods, would be if there were no deceptive and poor quality goods in the first place.

But, companies will always create and stores will always stock poor quality goods that are deceptive.

Anyway, stores do care what they put out. If well-received games were not stocked, it'd damage the public perception of the company.
If customers repeatedly kept feeling ripped off from a store, they'll stop buying from them.

Sorry for the gargantuan post!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh