OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, on the off-chance that you installed this version of CBHC:

img_20180125_201603-jpg.142784

Then, if you have FTPiiU installed in your Homebrew Launcher in it's default folder, you could try and hold - on boot and see if it will boot directly into FTPiiU. (side note to anyone browsing this thread, if you have CBHC, I highly recommend upgrading to this version of CBHC, can't remember who put it together, its on GBAtemp here somewhere, but having all those boot shortcuts is a game changer).
No I have this menu

Attachments

• 20211009_132259.jpg
    20211009_132259.jpg
    979.4 KB · Views: 79

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I have this menu
Alright, then give what @godreborn said in his last post a try, and if that doesn't work, then it seems like a hardmod is the only chance you have of recovering. But the fact that you see the CBHC menu at all means it shouldn't be a full brick, which leads me to believe you may have hope, though if GodReborn's advice doesn't work, then I'm not sure what else you could try before hardmodding is the only hope you have of recovery.

Reactions: godreborn

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
and yet,
another black screen.
ftpiiu everywhere requires CFW to work, so that wasn't gonna work.
But if you can find some homebrew that'll help you, you might be able to boot it through the renaming method. Not sure off the top of my head what could be helpful here though :/ I guess try wupinstaller (GX2, or y mod if that fails since y mod should not be relying on the OS fonts, being "terminal" based) and reinstall the original unmodified title that contains the fonts.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ftpiiu everywhere requires CFW to work, so that wasn't gonna work.
But if you can find some homebrew that'll help you, you might be able to boot it through the renaming method. Not sure off the top of my head what could be helpful here though :/ I guess try wupinstaller (GX2, or y mod if that fails since y mod should not be relying on the OS fonts, being "terminal" based) and reinstall the original unmodified title that contains the fonts.
He's using cbhc. ;)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's crazy how easy it is to recover (in CBHC) from a faulty theme or Wara Wara Plaza. I wouldn't have thought that fonts could be more problematic than changing those aspects of your Wii U, but it appears that they are and that is unfortunate.

I bricked my old Wii U about 4 years back doing something stupid, and when I did, the CBHC menu stopped appearing altogether, so the fact that you still see that menu, really makes me think you aren't completely fucked, yet what you're saying sure doesn't bode well.

Here's a question, are you able to autoboot into the vWii from the CBHC menu? If you can, maybe the vWii homebrew app WiiXplorer would allow you to browse the Wii U's file system and replace the font file with the original off of your SD card.

I'm definitely running out of ideas here, but this one feels worth trying.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested renaming ftpii u everywhere to homebrew_launcher.elf, in case I was misremembering. yep, it worked:

20211009_211640.jpg

I'm afraid your only solution may be a hard mod. I hope you have the otp.bin or else it's impossible to recover.

Braden_yes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's crazy how easy it is to recover (in CBHC) from a faulty theme or Wara Wara Plaza. I wouldn't have thought that fonts could be more problematic than changing those aspects of your Wii U, but it appears that they are and that is unfortunate.

I bricked my old Wii U about 4 years back doing something stupid, and when I did, the CBHC menu stopped appearing altogether, so the fact that you still see that menu, really makes me think you aren't completely fucked, yet what you're saying sure doesn't bode well.

Here's a question, are you able to autoboot into the vWii from the CBHC menu? If you can, maybe the vWii homebrew app WiiXplorer would allow you to browse the Wii U's file system and replace the font file with the original off of your SD card.

I'm definitely running out of ideas here, but this one feels worth trying.
I just tested renaming ftpii u everywhere to homebrew_launcher.elf, in case I was misremembering. yep, it worked:

View attachment 279102

I'm afraid your only solution may be a hard mod. I hope you have the otp.bin or else it's impossible to recover.
i have a otp.bin how do i inject it? and vWii is also a black screen

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, on the off-chance that you installed this version of CBHC:

img_20180125_201603-jpg.142784

Then, if you have FTPiiU installed in your Homebrew Launcher in it's default folder, you could try and hold - on boot and see if it will boot directly into FTPiiU. (side note to anyone browsing this thread, if you have CBHC, I highly recommend upgrading to this version of CBHC, can't remember who put it together, its on GBAtemp here somewhere, but having all those boot shortcuts is a game changer).
Before he unistall CBHC better goes in Pyramidal way, it means:

1. The most important it's to disable the Autoboot from CBHC before unistall anything.
2. Unistall CBHC, and try to re-install it.

If he doesn't take out the Autoboot first, he will face the loop Brick and Goodbye.....

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before he unistall CBHC better goes in Pyramidal way, it means:

1. The most important it's to disable the Autoboot from CBHC before unistall anything.
2. Unistall CBHC, and try to re-install it.

If he doesn't take out the Autoboot first, he will face the loop Brick and Goodbye.....
You don't need to uninstall CBHC to install a different version over it as I recall, you just install the new version and it overwrites the old version, as long as you do it right. Been awhile since I made the upgrade, so I would double check this here on the temp but I'm nearly certain this is how I upgraded my version of CBHC to this one before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1