Wii U can't handle Project C.A.R.S - Devs await for the next Nintendo console

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jul 21, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]
    http://nintendoeverything.com/proje...r-the-wii-u-waiting-on-new-nintendo-hardware/

Finally some good news about the Wii U, by this I mean, we won't be seeing a mediocre port so better to just not release it at all. :)

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    lol i just came from the thread on ign :lol:

3. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Wii U fanboys are not happy about this at all. :lol:

4. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    not like we didn't see this coming last time they had it running at 25 fps wasn't it? :P

5. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Try 23fps. :P

6. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Pretty sad for people who backed it specifically for the Wii U but was anyone not expecting this? Unless they released a horribly gimped version it wasn't going to happen.

Foxi4 and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  7. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    everyone who backed it help fund the ps4. x1 and pc version :creep:

8. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The Xbox One version is rather turdy. :unsure:

9. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    zomg i've been laughing my guts out on the ign thread for over an hour (prob didn't help with me trolling too :P ). now time for bed :lol:

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  10. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I wonder why Wii U gamers even give a shit about games like Devil's Third, Project C.A.R.S, Watch Dogs and so on, taking for example Watch Dogs was a pile of poo on the Wii U, same's going for DT and Project C.A.R S would've run like crap (although a really good game if you're into the whole simulator racing stuff).

Want a racing game on the Wii U that isn't Mario Kart or Sonic Kart? Most Wanted. The game looks and plays freaking awesome (minus some framerate slowdowns).

[​IMG]

HaloEffect17 and Monado_III like this.
  11. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Here's the transcript of the meeting held today at the studio:

Programmer 1: Uh oh, the Wii U version is having performance issues.
    Programmer 2: It is? Should we tone down the physics and graphical detail a bit to get better performance?
    Programmer 1: Yeah, that could work, let's ask the boss, say, Ian, what do you suggest we do? The Wii U port's having performance issues.
    Ian Bell: Lol cancel the game, it's not worth dumbing the graphics down LMAO
    Programmer 2: You sure that'd be wise, boss? I mean, people did crowdfund this through Kickstarter for the Wii U version.
    Ian Bell: I know, but we have their money now, so they've no right to complain olololol *commence diabolical laughter while rubbing hands like a mad scientist*

Anyone who uses the word "fanboy" in their argument has no credibility to said argument :creep: :rofl2: I could just as easily use the term Sony or Microsoft Fanboy, but where would that get me?

12. Monado_III

Monado_III GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2015
    Canada
    /dev/null
    Playing that right now. It really is pretty good despite it coming from EA.

13. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Guys, remember, they tried cutting down on the game's overall look and performance to get it functional on the Wii U. Last I recall, they were having issues having an even somewhat passable FPS at 720p. Nobody can be surprised that they've finally just given up on it. And otherwise, people severely overestimate how much funding came from Wii U owners. Does anybody realize how few Wii U owners buy third party content, how few of them are aware of crowdfunding in general, and how many may have actually taken part in the Project CARS crowdfunding campaign? Yeah, I feel bad for the 100 or 200 people that tossed their money in expecting a Wii U version, but they ultimately make up only a small fraction of the total funding the game received, which is exactly why this isn't a bigger deal.

In the long run, this is the risk you take with crowdfunding anything. You risk not getting the product you paid for. It's one of the major risks of the system.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  14. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    They lied every step of the way to all Nintendo users.

Obviously if i had funded the game, i would without a doubt sue them... really, they always stated the game would be released.

15. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Hate to say it, but they never should have even bothered trying to port it over if it was just going to go to shit anyways. Sorry, but that's my opinion, and I'm a Wii U owner, and yet, it doesn't pain me to say that. SMS never should have had crowdfunding, now that Wii U owners are fucked out of their donations, are they not?

They never should have even bothered, that way, no one would be let down.

16. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    So, erm...how long is this game been in development? I'm not sure anymore, but it could have been one of those "these games will come to the wiiu soon" announcements when the wiiu (and its stupid name) was first revealed.

They were certainly aiming for "next gen", alright. :tpi:

I normally don't mind waiting a bit longer for a more polished game (*looks at GTA V*), but I've got a sneaking suspicion they're more likely going to do a EA mass effect on them ("you can get this semi-crippled game for your next-next-gen nintendo console for full price, or you can get the GOTY edition on PC in a humble bundle...and if you choose the latter we'll never develop for ninty again! :D ").

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  17. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    this is how nearly every project ends up on scamstarter. they take your money and run! :creep:

the_randomizer likes this.
  18. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Well, it's an effective, but very damning thing for companies to do. Why can't they just fund their own sodding games with their own money? Too much effort? :creep: Cowards.

19. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Well, awaiting the Noname-NX version then :D

20. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    these guys actually think the nx will be able to run it even though they haven't seen it yet? and knowing nintendo it won't :lol:

WiiCube_2013 and thorasgar like this.