Hacking Wii U Browser Exploit Leaked for v4.10

Jackalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
if its true then its for a profit and not for the scene (thats my point) but i dont care either way. it just pisses me off having someone sooo far up their own ass its unreal

Well as you get older you actually want money from the things you do. Not bitching and moaning kids who want everything for free and even complain about free stuff.

But about the exploit, really nicely done the API calls to get the functions (Sort of like GetModuleHandle etc. on PC), this sounds very interesting! :yayps3:

With userland exploit you could do a lot of things already I guess.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Well as you get older you actually want money from the things you do. Not bitching and moaning kids who want everything for free and even complain about free stuff.

But about the exploit, really nicely done the API calls to get the functions (Sort of like GetModuleHandle etc. on PC), this sounds very interesting! :yayps3:

With userland exploit you could do a lot of things already I guess.

but for the "greater good" everyone says a scene/homebrew should be open for all public to use. thats not just myopinion and i certanatly havnt been the one bitching or moaning about anyones work. just clearly stateing we dont need people like mathew with the ps3 scene (i have... i did.... i can... but im not going too)

Reactions: SLiV3R

Jackalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
but for the "greater good" everyone says a scene/homebrew should be open for all public to use. thats not just myopinion and i certanatly havnt been the one bitching or moaning about anyones work. just clearly stateing we dont need people like mathew with the ps3 scene (i have... i did.... i can... but im not going too)

Yes this is typical problem with reverse engineers (from PRO to Newbie) they say "blablalbla ye this easy I can do this blalbalbalbla". But the problem on these 2 categories is this:
1. Newbie tries and gives up, still claiming easy blabla to not lose his face.
2. Professional reverse engineers have limited time and many times multiple irons in the anvil. So they never actually have time or don't prioritize it as #1 as they have something else to do that actually puts food on the plate. (Work, some other project etc.)

I am very interested in this project too but I am reverse engineering arcade systems these days. (Based on: x86, x64, PPC, ARM etc.) So I guess I fall in the same category as the ones I just described :toot:

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
if you check out who mathew was in the ps3 scene (if you dont know already) very simular to marcon. you'll understand exactly what i mean. yeah people have there lives to live but still no need for i can/i have just so they can gloat about how mighty and great they are for what purpose??? big eago's

Jackalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
if you check out who mathew was in the ps3 scene (if you dont know already) very simular to marcon. you'll understand exactly what i mean. yeah people have there lives to live but still no need for i can/i have just so they can gloat about how mighty and great they are for what purpose??? big eago's

Yes crackers usually have massive egos, that is normal. Professional reverse engineers are not normal programmers, so they expect people to feed their egos.:gun:
But what stupid people don't understand is the more you the call them gays, lamers and liars the less they do. This is why PS3 scene died for a long time in the past.

The amount of work you have to do to first understand C/C++ (to actually program something), then various assembler languages is grueling effort (to reverse engineer code), then you must learn system specific tricks (API, debug tricks, anti-debug tricks and so forth) and this all takes years. You cannot just take a book "Learn programming in 30 days" and be good reverse engineer.

There is no school for reverse engineering and the ebooks that are written by reverse engineers typically suck because the really good ones have no time or interest to teach people. (Most who want to learn are idiots anyways)
So most of the time you ask help from some random people (who mostly just spit at your face) and just need to have lots of patience, lots of time and massive IQ.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
yea of course theres loads of work and information and skills needed. but doesnt make someone stupid just because they cant or dont program but either way my point is we dont need big eggo's sitting around waitin for a release so they can say they already done it..... how boringggg

Jackalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yea of course theres loads of work and information and skills needed. but doesnt make someone stupid just because they cant or dont program but either way my point is we dont need big eggo's sitting around waitin for a release so they can say they already done it..... how boringggg

better start learning then :grog:

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont follow??? why should i start learning??? lol did i moan about anybody not releasing anything??? and did i say i wanted too be a big eggoed bellend/developer??

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I will follow this news with exitement. Its probably the best that has happened for the public in console hacking since the ds & the wii got hacked!

None of this generations consoles (3ds, vita, ps4, xbox1) has an public exploit like this. (Dont count 3ds scene, its only piracy for 4.5 users, boring)

Keep it up all wii u hackers! :)

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont count 3ds scene, its only piracy for 4.5 users, boring)

You must not be paying very much attention to the 3DS homebrew developments if you think it's only piracy :P And as for whether or not this'll actually be good, depends on whether or not any more devs choose to contribute to it. And since any developers both competent and capable enough probably would've been allowed private access to the exploit to help anyway, I'm not seeing where else there could be much of an upside.

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
if this exploits finished and finally we can play all wii u back up on HDD i hope some1 can also ripping down the size of the games of wii u, because its disaster to download massive size of the game at the sametime storing it on HDD :lol:

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
We need 5.0.0 binaries. Unless they suddenly "appear" as they have before, we'll have to get them the proper way by actually getting all the system keys and working our way up. This could (will) take a while, but it'll be better in the long run since it'll let us look for kernel exploits more easily too.

As-is, though, you still might not see a lot from this browser exploit for the time being.

So i don't understand, why tell everyone to update to v5 and then tell everyone after that it will take a long time to find a exploit on v5, thats bad trolling man :( but from the looks of things the browser exploit won't be ready for a while anyway, i just hope you give v4 and v5 equal priority, i hate the waiting game especially when nintendo will update during that time a lot of people will be waiting offline for the miracle browser exploit and will get bored of waiting, well i know i will.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
huh, by the comments before I had figured, someone already has a working 5.0 exploit, just wont share it until it is completely done.... now it sounds like there actually is still a lot work to do to even find a new exploit in the browser XD so what exactly is it? :-)
because I will get my copy of Mario Kart 8 tomorrow and wanna register it and then download Windwaker HD, because I actually never played the original ... I know, shame on me XD
so I was thinking of updating to 5.0 tomorrow... Im still on 4.0.2 right now :/ hmmm soooo what to do, what to do ^^

edit: oh yeh and i know, that having an exploit and actual usable homebrew is something different... I just dont wanna regret my update decission in a couple of months, when there finally is homebrew, but still no access point for 5.0

kettenschutz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.batman.de
XP
Country
France
Read the thread man...
Exploit for fw 5 isnt ready, but is feasible and should be done in the near future
Nevertheless... Would it be that hard to just wait a few more days?

D

Deleted User

There won't be anything even for 4.1 for a long time.... there's not even a kernel exploit yet - so nothing is going to happen in the immediate future. I'm sure by the time a workable homebrew platform is available the WiiU will long be past 5.0.

I wouldn't expect anything for a few months. Think you have till Sept 30 to redeem the free game anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch