Status
Not open for further replies.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still want a PROPER n64 emu for the PC
Sadly, N64 emu stuff was fragmented thanks to pretty cheap emulation tricks and a dependency on plug-ins for most of the gruntwork. Dolphin had the same issue, but went back and reoptimized all the hacky stuff. N64 never had much of a chance... but maybe with the recent Android-based stuff coming out we'll see some renewed interest.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still want a PROPER n64 emu for the PC
Well your wish may be coming true. Someone decided to write an cycle accurate N64 emulator.

https://github.com/tj90241/cen64

Now being cycle accurate means it'll need very strong PC to be playable. Even stronger than what Higan (cycle accurate SNES emulator) is imposing.

Reactions: Kargaroc

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Homebrew is a gimmick and its novelty wears off quick when you realize you can do all those things on a computer or android phone without jumping through a bunch of hoops. Backup loading or just plain piracy is the only thing worth hacking a system for.

Do you consider apps like Retroarc, SaveManager GX, WiiXplorer, ocarina, bootmii... gimmicks? And no, backup loading is a nice way to have your collection in a handy HDD, never tried Devolution? there's no piracy allowed and plenty of people enjoy its backups.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew is a gimmick and its novelty wears off quick when you realize you can do all those things on a computer or android phone without jumping through a bunch of hoops. Backup loading or just plain piracy is the only thing worth hacking a system for.

Not everyone has a PC or android device nor has the money to have both a console and a PC at the same time; people should be allowed to enjoy homebrew irrespective of its form.... argument invalidated. What you consider to be a gimmick won't be labeled as such by the majority of users. Hate to break it to ya, but I'll take homebrew on the Wii over homebrew on android any day

Reactions: kehkou

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is still here? Start a 30c3 thread for f0f to post in with delroth and others. May as well lock this one. There is not going to be any Wii U brew. If anything were released then threads would pop up. As it is this whole announcement was the, lol, what I read elsewhere "trollpocalypse." Only plus here is to prevent 20 threads on ubrew.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christmas morning, long day ahead but nothing from four horsemen. I figure this was at least on topic.Merry Christmas everyone.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, Ray, i don't think wishing everybody a very good christmas is forbidden...So ...

Merry X-MAS everyone!

On a sidenote: I think they lost their horses, or were slain by trolls..

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or lost their heads
They were the trollpocalypse. We are fortunate to all be alive right now. Still an entire day ahead of me here. Always that little bit of hope but not much with this situation. Another site claimed there were 5 beta testers and one opened their mouth. I think rednekcowboy saw it as.he commented there as well. I know, lol, it is likely a lie also. If anyone knows Anything now would be a great time to share.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh, Christmas, lol. Four horsemen? If some have actually tested/seen anything concretely proving ubrew is a retail channel then now would be a good time to confess. Hope everyone had a good day.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Funny, never had my personal information stolen.

You don't know that

Anyway, the site isn't malicious.

That's not the point

Hey, if you know what you are doing, no chance...thats why i tell my family not to do what i do on the net... Lol

I agree, but the words highlighted in bold are very important. randomizer was suggesting to people who may or may not know better that you should just blindly ignore any warning of such a nature. And that is dangerous advice to be giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding