Homebrew Wii U 5.5.1 trying to install CFW

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi. I have a Wii U here and I'm trying to install mocha. When I use the browser then access the homebrew launcher and load mocha it just loads back to the wii system menu. I basically want the Wii U to load games from an external HDD rather than having to use an SD card for it.

EDIT: OK so it's actually launching but there's supposed to be a menu or something that wasn't coming up so I didn't know. Is there a way to install a cfw rather than launching it every time?

Last edited by OldSchoolTech,

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
But you don't need CFW to install games to a hardrive actually.
I don't really know how it works because I haven't done much with a Wii U. I've done 3DS and Wii mods etc and the vWii on the Wii U. All I've done on the Wii U in the past is use the browser to access the homebrew loader and run nintendont since it plays Gamecube games and can emulate a memory card.

Last edited by OldSchoolTech,

XRaTiX

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really know how it works because I haven't done much with a Wii U. I've done 3DS and Wii mods etc and the vWii on the Wii U. All I've done on the Wii U in the past is use the browser to access the homebrew loader and run nintendont since it plays Gamecube games and can emulate a memory card.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-usb-loading-install-wiiu-games-to-usb-or-internal-memory.445514/

Just follow that guide.

You do if you want eshop or virtual console titles or if you want out of region titles ect.

And DLC also,but for the majority of games there is no need.

D

Deleted User

The reason behind Mocha CFW booting straight to sysmenu is because it was already configured.
[It automatically boots you to sigpatched sysNAND]
Delete mocha.elf from sdcard and download it again if you want that menu again. [Nothing fancy, really.]

Jonhyjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And DLC also,but for the majority of games there is no need.

you can use dlc via sdcafiine, but you have to launch it everytime, and everyone is so goddamn lazy, no one figured the folder names nor extracted dlc files and got it all set up, only in smash 4.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.