Wii theme brick? How to fix?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by skillstriker, Jul 5, 2010.

Jul 5, 2010
  1. skillstriker
    OP

Newcomer skillstriker Newbie

Australia
    I had system menu 4.2E - I installed homebrew, priiloader and bootmii as IOS - I also made a nand backup. I downloaded a simpsons theme and tried to install it using mymenuify on my system menu. Now when i turn on my wii it comes with a blank screen, however when i put a game in, it loads up automatically. I cant restore nand as it says that it is too dangerous to continue and boot2 is not found. I can still access homebrew via priiloader. Can i reinstall the original system menu theme? If so, do u know where i can get it and how i can install it?

- thanks

2. 75UR15

Newcomer 75UR15 Advanced Member

United States
    I can't speak for a wii with your version (e) but for system menu 4.2u I have tested installing the original .app file (number 87 from update v481) after installing a bad theme.

You must have makekeybin to create a key.bin file, the check box for decrypt must be checked in you nus downloader v13beta (only appears if key.bin is in the same folder)

System
    +-system menu
    +-v482 (4.2e)

For your system menu version (to which I CANNOT test) and the app file you need (no need to check the pack-> wad box, just the decrypt) is 0000008a.app

the information for which .app to use comes from
    CompleteSoftmodGuide

To install it, hold reset while turning on your wii to load the priiloader/preloader, when it comes up choose load homebrew channel, use HBC to load mymenufy, install the decrypted .app file appropriate to your system.
    Just to note, you do NOT have to rename it .csm for this to work.

3. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Or you could just go to priiloader boot to HBC and use Dop-Mii v12 to reinstall your system menu
    you will need to reapply your system menu hacks

4. 75UR15

Newcomer 75UR15 Advanced Member

United States
    Most important hack to which cobleman is referring is priiloader, and either option should work, but I like keeping priiloader already installed, and this makes for the easiest fix later, this file can also be used to take .mym files (which are really just .zip files) to make them compatible .csm files for your wii.

5. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    You just need to install the original .app file trough mymenuify. I also had this problem.

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I think DOP-Mii will automatically back-up and re-install priiloader for you when installing a system menu, so the only hacks you'd need to re-install are the ones from the hacks.ini.

7. skillstriker
    OP

Newcomer skillstriker Newbie

Australia
    I fixed my wii by installing system menu wad thanx for the help anyway