Hacking Wii system version is 3.3U...how come? I didnt update!

ringorinfret

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I just bought a brand new Wii this sunday. I am new to all of this but I have question, I configured my router on the Wii and when the connection was established, it asked if I wanted to update, I answered NO! but then I look at the top right corner and it says 3.3U. I am wondering if I am screwed for installing a solderless chip (d2pro 5/9) ? What about the loader? Do I have to downgrade?? I am sure I didnt give any permission to update. I only have wii sports and wii play.

If I activated the 24connect (whatever its called) could it be it updated my system without asking me when it was in sleep mode?

thanks guys for your help!!!

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why was your wii 3.3U you ask?
ringorinfret said:
I just bought a brand new Wii this sunday.
mmhm

and it'll probably have an epoxy on the drive, so a solderless modchip will probably be troublesome. You can remove it, though.

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii already had the firmware on it when you had bought it.
If it's "brand new" it's bound to have the latest firmware.

ringorinfret

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I thought the update was october 25th? The wii must have been in the box for at least a few weeks... thats why I was wondering? 3.3 is oct 25th?

but I see posts about 3.3v3 ....how can you determine which 3.3 you have....thanks again!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GhostSonic said:
and it'll probably have an epoxy on the drive, so a solderless modchip will probably be troublesome. You can remove it, though.
Well untill now there is pretty much only one reported case of a drive with epoxy. he should open it up and look...

Edit:
@ringorinfret
There is more than one version of 3.3, the first was released on the 16th of June: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_System_Software

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.3 has been out for months now. The 23'd update was still 3.3 but it just screwed with the trucha bug without actually changing the menu version.

ringorinfret

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys,

so im still not sure which revision of the 3.3u i have but since I didnt update it should not be the latest one from 23rd.

I will open up my Wii to see if it got Epoxy , if it has, I guess its heatgun time ? I read somewhere (not sure if i can link to it) that the d2pro solderless wont work on d2e with epoxy...is that true even after I'd have removed the epoxy??

again thanks

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You just can't remove the Epoxi to the point where you can fit you Wii-clip again. So you'll have to solder.
If you can use a heatgun, this shouldn't be to much of a problem for you. Just use a Wiikey2 or D2Sun. Both can be soldered with only 6 wires, with non of them having to be soldered to IC-legs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM