Gaming Wii system update

8lackr4in

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, im sorry if this question has been asked before but i used the search function and nothing came up. I have a soft and hard modded wii pal. have not really used it since last year on 4.2u. Today I wanted to go to the wii shop but said I had to perform a system update. Is this update safe for modded devices? Many thanks in advance

8lackr4in

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I typed system update into the search for the wii section had hundreds of hits all highlighting the word system nothing with system update. Can you please point me in the right direction

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have CIOS or exploited IOS, you could use Dop-Mii to just update the Shopping Channel by itself.

8lackr4in

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the advice but its been a long time since i modded the wii and dont have time to re learn all the methods. Could you please just give me a yes or no answer will this update brick my wii or render my modd useless if yes can you please give me the name of the update so i can read more on it. Thank you.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update using the wiis update feature, it'll try to remove stuff, cios, older homebrew channel. Just use Dop-Mii, and update just the shopping channel, see if it works. There's always a chance to brick when you do stuff like this, but it's very low.

No one's gonna be able to give you a completely comprehensive answer in a way that'll allow you to not have to "re learn" everything since not everyone's Wii is set up the same way. You're just gonna have to figure out some stuff out on your own.

8lackr4in

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thats good enough thank you for your patience. Left the wii for the iphone for a bit. maybe its time to come back!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-