Hacking Wii system menu scrambled

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I agree, try changing sysmenu IOS to 249 in Preloader to see if it makes a difference. I think somebody suggested this earlier on, but not sure if you picked up on this. As Linuxares states, if it fixes your problem then its more than likely be an IOS60 issue.

Ktag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes have tried the change to IOS 249 in preloader - no change..

Whilst in downgraded V3.2 I actually deleted via anytitle deleter IOS 50, 60 & 61 (aware of risk) just to see. No change. I have since upgarded using wani's 4.1 upadater. Which of course brought the scrambled graphics back to the system menu. But after deleting IOS 50, 60, 61 the HBC still worked (luckily) thus it must not be using IOS 60 as mentioned recent post!

next plan is to delete (or install older versions of) certain (after some careful research) IOS's one at a time with anytitle deleter or dop-ios to see effect then re-install them with DOP-ios.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Rather than use a Wani updater, have you tried an official update? Also, if you have DOP's your IOS's to latest versions then an update may not be possible. Is it time to downgrade some IOS's, delete shop channel etc and attempt OFFICIAL update? It surely can't be a GPU issue if 3.2E operates fine?

Ktag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up deteling all IOS's above 37 (except 249, 250) ran the system but still the HBC has its graphics scrambled - I tried a couple of games that my son said played up in the past.. Lego batman, Lego Star wars and these also had graphics scrambled. Other games and system menu v3.3 and below work fine. I did have a problem with the system upon entering system settings - it took a long time to come up.

I tend to believe that there is something being called by system menu 3.4 & above, HBC, shop channel & lego games that is screwed up but I can't find it. What is common for these?

Ktag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I had all the IOS's deleted above 37 and running on v3.2e, the system update still told me I had the latest system version installed and would not update. How does it tell what system version I have - obviously not from reading the IOS's.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
System Menu version I think, the wads for each system menu have a specific number (i.e v290 for 3.2e), this is now baffling me as much as you. Would it be worth following one of 'virginising' guides on here and attempting to start again?

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reinstall preloader and see what happens. this happened to me before and I think it was as easy as that.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I was thinkin Preolader hacks, if he's got the wrong systemmenu .ini file it just simply wouldn't work would it? Is it worth turning OFF all Preloader hacks?

On second thoughts, how could preloader prevent system update? The update 'block' thing is now more confusing than the graphics issue.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Should he use Nandclean as well? He will have to remove before re-install otheriwse preloader skips installation if a previous install is found. He can't do update to remove as its blocking him, so another option is to use Firmware Downgrader app via HBC.

Ktag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the ideas and help... I have learnt a lot in the past few days regarding the Wii and what you can fo with it.

I HAVE GIVEN UP FINDING A SOLUTION - time vs reward

I will write a summary of what I did, what still does not work etc. with comprehensive detail in one place it might be possible for someone to see a common issue that me be treatable. As this seems a very rare if not the only occasion of this problem it simply could be as suggested a bad block in a bad spot I may start a new post with this edatiled account just to see.

What I have done to achieve my end result (games on hard drive). I am using V3.2e, with USB Loader GX and WD 320G drive. This works fine with some exceptions... HBC and a small number of games when loaded have scrambled graphics. I have re-installed via DOP-IOS all deleted IOS's so at least everything is there should my Wii decide to play up. I have Bootmii installed and preloader (newly installed) running as precautions.

Thanks again for your help and direction

beyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ktag said:
Thanks for all the ideas and help... I have learnt a lot in the past few days regarding the Wii and what you can fo with it.

I HAVE GIVEN UP FINDING A SOLUTION - time vs reward

I will write a summary of what I did, what still does not work etc. with comprehensive detail in one place it might be possible for someone to see a common issue that me be treatable. As this seems a very rare if not the only occasion of this problem it simply could be as suggested a bad block in a bad spot I may start a new post with this edatiled account just to see.

What I have done to achieve my end result (games on hard drive). I am using V3.2e, with USB Loader GX and WD 320G drive. This works fine with some exceptions... HBC and a small number of games when loaded have scrambled graphics. I have re-installed via DOP-IOS all deleted IOS's so at least everything is there should my Wii decide to play up. I have Bootmii installed and preloader (newly installed) running as precautions.

Thanks again for your help and direction

If you seriously want to fix this then, prehaps i have the soloution, i will post a new reply when my u/l has finished.........

beyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
**************THE WII RESTORE IS ONLY FOR PAL WII'S AND REQUIRES SYS 4.1E DO NOT USE WITH ANY OTHER REGION**********

1st you need to restore your wii back to sys menu 4.1

2nd you need a blank SD card, formated to FAT16

3rd download this file http://www.4shared.com/file/134795629/d1f2...estore_Wii.html

4th extract said file on to the root of the sd card

5th DO NOT HAVE THE SD CARD IN THE WII SYSTEM AT THIS TIME, goto wii settings > data management > channels > sd card tab, make sure you goto channels and no game data,

6th you will get a message saying nothing inserted in sd card slot, at this time insert your sd card with the files from the Restore Wii, you will then get a message saying load boot dol/elf Select Yes, this will then start the hackmii installer

7th press 1 to continue at the warning screen

8th select contiune again at the page that shows what can and can not be installed

9th Uninstall The Homebrew Channel, Uninstall Bootmii, Etc

10th once they are uninstalled, then proceed to reinstall them. installing HBC 1.0.3 first. by following prompts,

11th now goto bootmii and press a, try and install bootmii as Boot2 first, if it will not let you install it as Boot2, then install it as an IOS, After Bootmii installs

12th reboot wii, if its installed as Boot2 then it will load the bootmii screen, useing your GC Controler, then make a backup of your nand, by clicking on the cogs, then the first button of the subsquent screen, then reboot the wii by pressing the home button on your remote if its installed a Boot2, then select the homebrew channel from the bootmii screen

13th Start Trucha Bug Restorer, Press B, after a few seconds you will see press 1 to start application, at that time press 1 to start the application, goto downgrade IOS15 and press a, when you see load ios from sd card press a, when you see load ios from sd card press a, after preperation press a for step 1, then press a for step 2, press anybutton to exit

14th Start Trucha Bug Restorer Again Change IOS to load to IOS15 and press a
after a few seconds you will get a message to press 1 to start the application at this time press 1, goto IOS36 menu, press a

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS

Install IOS to slot36 = yes
patch hash check (trucha): = yes
patch es_identify = yes
Patch nand permissions = yes (you will have to change to yes)

then goup to Install patched Ios36 and press a

when you see load ios from sd slot press a
After preperation press a to install, and after install press any key to exit

15th Restore IOS15 Start Trucha bug restorer again, select which ios to load change to ios36 and press a, again after a few seconds you will get a message saying to press 1, at this time then press 1, goto restore ios15 and press a, when you see load ios from sd card, press a, after preperation press a to install after install press any key to exit

16th Start the homebrew channel, and run "cIOS38_rev14 Installer, Select IOS36 for ios installation, select wad installation. after the cIOS has installed the wii should reboot to the wii channel menu, though might load bootmii. if it loads bootmii select the homebrew channel.

17th IOS60Patched & NeoGamma R7, run wad manager 1.5 from the homebrew menu, select a to agree to the disclaimer, select the IOS version to use press a, Select NAND Emulation Device press a. select source device wii sd slot press a, goto IOS60patched.wad and press a, Select action install wad, press a, after it installs IOS60patched, go to NeoGamma_R7.wad and press A select action Install wad, press A. after wad files installed, press home to return to the wii system menu,

this should fix the gfx if not let me know as there are more steps to try

Ben

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
beyre said:
**************THE WII RESTORE IS ONLY FOR PAL WII'S AND REQUIRES SYS 4.1E DO NOT USE WITH ANY OTHER REGION**********

this should fix the gfx if not let me know as there are more steps to try

Ben

Is that not your own key.bin in the root?
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn