Wii System Menu Brick

haydennbc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I Posted About This A While Ago, But My Wii System Menu Is Gone. The Reason For This Is Because The Wad I Installed Was Called ''Wii System Menu'' And The Dumbass That I Was (and still am) Thought That ''wads are only in the form of channels!'' But That's Wrong Since IOS's Are Also Wads And They Are Not Channels, Anyway After I Downloaded The Wad It Replaced The System Menu With A Old One That Needed A Working IOS4, Since IOS4 Is Stubby Most Of The Time, Its Just Gives No Signal. Priiloader Also Was Wiped Out. And I Didnt Have Bootmii in boot2, So Is My Wii Just Dead Now?

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Is My Wii Just Dead Now?
It's more 'Yes' than 'No'.
Theoretically, it can be revived. In practice, it can also be revived.
But it won't be easy at all. It will be even pretty hard.
It will be necessary to desolder (and solder back later) the NAND memory, flash it using an special programmer (which must be bought somewhere).
And what will need to be flashed will need to be obtained, assembled and prepared first.
So, it's more 'Yes' than 'No'.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sorry, But Can Explain To Me In Detail?
Simply desoldering is like picture #1. Or if you have Infectus 2, it's like picture #2.
The rest will depend on whether you have your NAND memory backup, your keys for it, any other (even diy) programmer for this type of memory (picture #3), a second "donor" Wii, etc. and so on.
Edit: This raises the question of economic feasibility. Infectus 2 is a hell of a lot harder to buy. Programmers cost money too. You will need equipment for soldering.

Attachments

• N1.jpg
    N1.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 49
  • N2.jpg
    N2.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 48
  • N3.JPG
    N3.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by r1vver,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen