Gaming Wii stuck at health and safety screen, no option to press "A"

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I tried a different version of savegame-manager-gx and I managed to copy 64 of my 66 saved games over to the SD card. I then went into the Wii part of the saved games and after about 20 secs it crashed, it has done this twice now. Could it be a saved game that has somehow corrupted and causing this whole problem? Like I mentioned before, I didn't have it sofmodded in anyway before this and I don't have any other channels installed apart from the Nintendo ones so it can't be a bad channel.

Is there some way to check the saved game data to check for errors/corruption? and delete the offending game save?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. I've never experienced that with save manager gx. you do know you can copy your saves to sd card officially, right? save manager gx is good for the games that are copy protected. you'll know them as the copy option won't exist if you try to copy one of them.

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not sure. I've never experienced that with save manager gx. you do know you can copy your saves to sd card officially, right? save manager gx is good for the games that are copy protected. you'll know them as the copy option won't exist if you try to copy one of them.
No, I didn't know you can copy saves officially....but even with my Wii the way it is at the moment not booting up?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, yeah, can't do it then. I'm not sure what's going on with your wii, but it sounds like nand corruption. I don't think there's anything you can do.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by KirovAir,

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Simply use MultiModManager to reinstall ALL wad files including the latest system menu.
I think ModMii can download all those WAD files for you.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

Since you have backupped (most) of your saves this seems like the best nuclear option to rule anything else out.
No problem, thank you very much for your help
Yes, I agree, now that I have backed up most of my games apart from 1 I will just go ahead and re-install the system menu and restore saved games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One more thing...

My brother also has a Wii with a drivekey chip installed with the latest 4.3E version which works fine. Would it be easier to take a NAND dump from his and change my ID and keys to match mine and re-install that way?

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok...

It's been sitting like this for the last 10 min, is this normal or is it frozen? Bigger question is why is it frozen? Is it not working?

Attachments

• 20201016_121345.jpg
    20201016_121345.jpg
    764.9 KB · Views: 60

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Ok...

It's been sitting like this for the last 10 min, is this normal or is it frozen? Bigger question is why is it frozen? Is it not working?

I have feared it long before,you maybe have "serious" Issue with your Wii itself...
As already mentioned,maybe a corrupted Save or Channel Data...:(

Did you have als tried YAWMM and/or WiiMOD Lite for the System Menu Installation ?

If that is also not working,please use your sysCheck.csv and the Update/Re-Softmod Option from @XFlak ´s ModMii

If this is also not working,we maybe have to go "deeper" into the Wii´s Memory with other Tools.

Good Luck.:)

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.:)

I have feared it long before,you maybe have "serious" Issue with your Wii itself...
As already mentioned,maybe a corrupted Save or Channel Data...:(

Did you have als tried YAWMM and/or WiiMOD Lite for the System Menu Installation ?

If that is also not working,please use your sysCheck.csv and the Update/Re-Softmod Option from @XFlak ´s ModMii

If this is also not working,we maybe have to go "deeper" into the Wii´s Memory with other Tools.

Good Luck.:)
Hi,

I haven't tried YAWMM and/or WiiMOD Lite for the System Menu Installation

"please use your sysCheck.csv and the Update/Re-Softmod Option from @XFlak ´s ModMii"
I have tried using this, I dragged and dropped the .csv file and hit enter but nothing happens and I get this message

Attachments

• XFLAK.jpg
    XFLAK.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 68

TheTechRobo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thetechrobo.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, thank you very much for that...that worked! :-)

I now have the following screen:
I assume download, but wait for someone who knows how ModMii works. IIRC itll put a COPY_TO_SD folder on your desktop and you'll have to copy it...but again, wait for someone who isn't a linux user most of the time :P

EDIT: Tho I don't understand why its downloading Priiloader 0.7. 0.9 is rock-solid (at least more so than 0.7) but again, I'm not a modmii user.

Last edited by TheTechRobo,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The next modmii update will include priiloader 0.9, it's already mostly in the beta (just missing a YouTube video atm)

Proceed with the syscheck updater. When done, you can enter "O" to open the location of copu_to_sd folder, whether it's the default location or whether you've customized it

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The next modmii update will include priiloader 0.9, it's already mostly in the beta (just missing a YouTube video atm)

Proceed with the syscheck updater. When done, you can enter "O" to open the location of copu_to_sd folder, whether it's the default location or whether you've customized it
Great stuff XFlak!!

Thank you very much! :-)

I already installed Priiloader 0.9 separately before doing any of this so just skip copying 0.7?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet