Hacking Wii Sports Resort with WiiKey?

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Yes I have read and searched, by my question is unique and I didn't see an answer for this. So I need some confirmation.

This is just for people with a WiiKey off of a DVD?

Have you been able to get this game to boot? If so, can you please let me know the following:
1- What version do you have 1.9G or S?
2- What version is your Wii?
3- Did you brick block?

I have a new burner that I never used before, and my burn didn't work. It went to a black screen, which I know is a problem, but I want to see if the problem is my burn or the game itself.

Thanks,

Billabong1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah same here. I am on 1.9s. It appeared fine on the channel but when it started it went to a black screen. My wii is on 4.0E and I did brickblock it. seems we have a problem.
frown.gif

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info on GeckoOS. I did read on that.

However, I am more curious in knowing if my WiiKey is now useless. I mean, I don't want to have to softmod my already hardmodded Wii.

At least I know it is not the burner.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Your Wiikey isn't useless, the same thing happened to me with the Japanese Metroid Prime. Looks like it's an issue with some Japanese games, when Wii Sports Resort NTSC-U/PAL come out you shouldn't have a problem I think.
smile.gif

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
How can your wiikey be useless if it allows the play of pretty much the entire catalogue of games ?

wait for the proper region version and then try again, or god forbid buy it when it hits the shops.

Billabong1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
alucard77 said:
Thanks for the info on GeckoOS. I did read on that.

However, I am more curious in knowing if my WiiKey is now useless. I mean, I don't want to have to softmod my already hardmodded Wii.

At least I know it is not the burner.

Its not useless. In fact I would say it is a lot more relaible than a softmod.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know, it's hard to find information for us old school folks that have a modchip in our Wii. I've switched over to USB loading for the convenience factor mostly, so sometimes I don't know if these kinds of problems are due to my custom system files related to that or not...

Just FYI, I can't get WSR(J) to load using the normal disk channel on my YAOSM modchip Wii. There have been out of region games that won't work before, so this is nothing totally new. I get a black screen, or sometimes I get a garbled message (probably a poorly displayed Kanji or something). At any rate, it doesn't run like all my other backups, even the out of region ones.

Apparently it's got to do with the region patching. The modchips only can do so much, and some softmod things patch region strings at a system level, not just a drive level. So it looks like for the next week it's gotta run through Gecko OS, but it's only for another week until the in-region game comes out. :-)

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine on wiikey here, but because it's japanese it needs 'freeloader' or 'gecko-os' (note gecko-os is not a softmod it's just a region free app, a great app for hardmodded sytems)...

heres my system spec... wii 3.2e, wiikey 1.9g, extra IOS's installed via wad-installer 37,38,53,*55 for game compatabilty... no cios's (softmods) installed whatsoever.

So I would suggest trying 'freeloader' simplist method or better still install HBC which lets you run apps like wad-installer/manager, gecko-os etc etc.... note you may need to install extra IOS's and remember to brickblock the iso to so you don't run the japan update

*edit... ios56 typo to ios55

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the information.

I also use USB Loaders, so I got the game working. But it just got me perplexed why the burnt game would not work and the USB one would.

I have a new rig with a new DVD Burner. So I wanted to make sure it worked fine.

Problem was, I have the same issue with Conduit. I get a black screen when running from the burnt DVD, but not from the USBLoader.

So its one of two things:
- Burning issue
- Need to install some new IOS

By the way, does the 13a contain all the neccessary IOS? I thought it did, am I wrong on this? Do you need to install seperate IOS besides the ones in rev13a? Is there any place to read up more on this?

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine through the disc channel on my 4.0U wiikey 1.9s Brick Blocked and Regionfrii'd before burning. Your problem is that you either need to regionfrii, or you are missing an IOS required by the game. Updating to 4.0U using one of the guides here should give you the IOS you need, or you can install the IOS 38, 53, and 55 using wads. I'm pretty sure it requires IOS 55. Check your PM.

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any place to read up on the IOS files? I like learning this stuff, even though it is constantly changing.

I thought that the Rev that were always released came bundled with the IOS, I guess I am wrong.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- What version do you have 1.9G or S? 1.9s
2- What version is your Wii? 4.0
3- Did you brick block? Yes, and RegionFrii

The games works flawlessly for me.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How did you guys get it to work on your WiiKeys? its like Impossible for me.

I have a 4.1U with WiiKey v1 1.9s, I region friid AND brickblocked the ISO before burning with Nero at 4x. Im using Verbatim DVD-R. I've burned this ISO 2 times both at 4x on a Verbatim DVD-R. I'm burning once more with IMGBurn at 1x (but since the DVD-R don't support that, they automatically to 4x). I'll try again but i'm doing EVERYTHING you guys are doing, i don't get it.

The only difference I see is that im at 4.1U, but that cant be it. I have no homebrew channel so no gecko os

Update: the 1x with IMGBurn failed too

~ Jon

rabapab23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you been able to get this game to boot? If so, can you please let me know the following:
1- What version do you have 1.9G or S? 1.9S
2- What version is your Wii? 4.0U
3- Did you brick block? Nope

Works fine here!

Bralaapje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same problem as other guys with a wiikey. Blackscreen when i run a backup of wii sports from the disc channel!!!
But i solved it!!!!

I have the following:

1.Wiikey 1.9S
2. Preloader 0.29
3. 3.2E

The problem was Preloader!!!!

I had the following systemhacks enabled in Preloader:

1. Force disc region-->> This causes the blackscreen!! If you disable it, wii sports resort will run!!
2. IOS reloads--> This will cause #002 error. This does not work for usbloader, only for disc channel.

So disable those 2 systemhacks in preloader and you can play the game!!!!

lisa200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have wiikey 1.9g
firmware 3.1E

brickblocked - black screen

wiiupdate remover - works flawlessly

hope this helps some of you

yen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have wiikey 2 v.1.3 installed.
Wii with version 4.1E
No softmod.

I use verbatin dvd-r to burn ISO's but I can't get the Sports Resort to work. The dvd is recognised by the console but when I try to play the game, I get a black screen and the console freezes. I've tried with 3 different DVD's and the problem is always the same. The other games work fine.

Any hint about this problem?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: IT FELT SO GOOD