Gaming Wii Sports Resort -- Translation help!

BluepointVance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this game rocks and everything. I've been able, with zero japanese knowledge, to figure out most of what I need to be doing in most of the games... Except for the airplane game.

Basically the first mode (for single player anyway) has you flying around and running through the circle-i logos all over the island... you have to hit at least 10 to open up the next level of play...

It's the next level where I get stuck... I *think* you're supposed to be popping baloons by shooting them (or just flying through them.) But I've no idea how many, if I'm supposed to be getting a particular color, or if I'm supposed to land when I'm done -- or just fly around aimlessly... Every time I've played this mode, it looks like I've somehow failed when I get to the end of the 5 minute run...

Anyone out there able to read the instructions on this? Hints? Tips? Clues?

BluepointVance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BluepointVance said:
So this game rocks and everything. I've been able, with zero japanese knowledge, to figure out most of what I need to be doing in most of the games... Except for the airplane game.

Basically the first mode (for single player anyway) has you flying around and running through the circle-i logos all over the island... you have to hit at least 10 to open up the next level of play...

It's the next level where I get stuck... I *think* you're supposed to be popping baloons by shooting them (or just flying through them.) But I've no idea how many, if I'm supposed to be getting a particular color, or if I'm supposed to land when I'm done -- or just fly around aimlessly... Every time I've played this mode, it looks like I've somehow failed when I get to the end of the 5 minute run...

Anyone out there able to read the instructions on this? Hints? Tips? Clues?

Okay... Gonna answer some of these things myself, in case anyone else is as confused as I was...

So basically the single player wii plane game is one of exploring the islands and collecting (flying through) the circle-i icons wherever you can find them... There are 80 of them, some hidden pretty well -- others just out in the open. They only appear as you approach them, so you can't see them from any distance at all... Every 10 that you collect opens up additions to the game (not modes as I thought) so if you collect the first 10 -- you get a sunset version of the island to fly around in... As you find more of the circle-i icons, you get more stuff (upgraded planes, extra features, etc...) The baloon popping game is just one of those upgrades (once it's turned on, it stays as part of the game from that point foward.)

You don't (as far as I can tell) need to land the plane to score points or "complete" a level or anything of that nature. So far, this is my favorite game in WSR... Just reminds me so much of SNES Pilotwings of yore...

Hope that helps anyone out there who might be as dense as myself...

myiamoto128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I think you are correct about all of this. I've gotten over 40 "i" points. I've unlocked things like sunset, but I don't know how to use it.

Also, what is the flare used for? I know you press 1 to use it, but what's the purpose?

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got 78 of the 80 info points, and the last 2 are driving me NUTS. I just want my last reward, dammit. I'm sure I can look around online and find out what the last new thing is, but I really want to find it on my own. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced I'll ever find those last two points. Then to do it all over again when the US version comes out.... although I think it'll be easier the second time through.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think those rewards are 'special missions' .. ie do something in acertain way/time etc

probably have to wait for an english version to know for sure though

btw i got all 80 a while a go now, check the far sides of the small islands and the boats at sea, also don't forget the sky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol