Wii Sports Resort (original game disc) questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by recoomeboom, Aug 17, 2009.

1. recoomeboom
    OP

Newcomer recoomeboom Member

United States
    I'm not quite sure if this is in the right place, and if it's not feel free to move/lock the thread.

Anyway, i did a little lurking and saw that several people were having problems with Wii Sports Resort. However these people seemed to be either running a backup on disc or through their HDD. I was wondering whether (a) an original Wii Sports Resort disc would install any updates that will brick my wii, and (b) if the original game disc can even be played normally through the disc channel without further modifications.

I am using an NTSC wii with version 4.0, set up exactly as this guide suggested, with no further software except the homebrew network.

Thanks in advance! =]

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    just start your game from a loader, not the disc channel, and it should not ask you to update.should go right to the game.
    Lego batman original would ask to update from disc channel, so using a loader, no problems.

3. recoomeboom
    OP

Newcomer recoomeboom Member

United States
    alright great thank you so much!

4. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The updates are unlikely to brick your Wii anyway unless it's from another region. [​IMG]

5. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Wii Sports Resort contains the System Menu 3.4 update. The update would merely extinguish the Trucha bug from most IOSes. That's what the Trucha Bug Restorer is for... [​IMG]