Hacking Wii Sports Resort (original game disc) questions

recoomeboom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure if this is in the right place, and if it's not feel free to move/lock the thread.

Anyway, i did a little lurking and saw that several people were having problems with Wii Sports Resort. However these people seemed to be either running a backup on disc or through their HDD. I was wondering whether (a) an original Wii Sports Resort disc would install any updates that will brick my wii, and (b) if the original game disc can even be played normally through the disc channel without further modifications.

I am using an NTSC wii with version 4.0, set up exactly as this guide suggested, with no further software except the homebrew network.

Thanks in advance! =]

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just start your game from a loader, not the disc channel, and it should not ask you to update.should go right to the game.
Lego batman original would ask to update from disc channel, so using a loader, no problems.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The updates are unlikely to brick your Wii anyway unless it's from another region.
tongue.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii Sports Resort contains the System Menu 3.4 update. The update would merely extinguish the Trucha bug from most IOSes. That's what the Trucha Bug Restorer is for...
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup