Wii Speak PC Drivers

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Nasedase, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Nasedase
    OP

Nasedase Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    I bought wii speak when it came bundled with Animal Crossings. I was too late for the pre0-order so I had to buy it separately so I feel like I screwed up more than most people (not as bad as when I bought the broadband adapter for Gamecube).
    I always thought that the microphone might work well in capturing a live band sound since nintendo designed it for a room full of people, so I'm really interested to know if anyone made it compatible with PC yet?

2. sjones900

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    Nope. No one as far as I know has bothered to develop drivers for it. I don't think it would be too difficult, but there's just been pretty much no effort to do so.

3. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    It requires custom firmware so any PC driver would either have to "borrow" Nintendo's copyright code or require the user to rip it out of a wii-speak compatible title.

4. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    Question! Whats so interesting about wiispeak that you would like to use it on a PC?

5. olleb

olleb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2010
    Sweden

6. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011

That doesnt really answer why the wiispeak would be better than a real microphone.