Wii Speak PC Drivers

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Nasedase, Jan 3, 2012.

Jan 3, 2012

Wii Speak PC Drivers by Nasedase at 10:04 PM (3,157 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Nasedase
    OP

Newcomer Nasedase Advanced Member

United States
    I bought wii speak when it came bundled with Animal Crossings. I was too late for the pre0-order so I had to buy it separately so I feel like I screwed up more than most people (not as bad as when I bought the broadband adapter for Gamecube).
    I always thought that the microphone might work well in capturing a live band sound since nintendo designed it for a room full of people, so I'm really interested to know if anyone made it compatible with PC yet?

2. sjones900

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Nope. No one as far as I know has bothered to develop drivers for it. I don't think it would be too difficult, but there's just been pretty much no effort to do so.

3. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

It requires custom firmware so any PC driver would either have to "borrow" Nintendo's copyright code or require the user to rip it out of a wii-speak compatible title.

4. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Question! Whats so interesting about wiispeak that you would like to use it on a PC?

5. olleb

Newcomer olleb Advanced Member

Sweden

6. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden

That doesnt really answer why the wiispeak would be better than a real microphone.