Hacking Wii Speak not working after CIOS36 rev9 Install

Tashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had trouble with there Wii Speak after installing CIOS36 rev9 for USBLoader?
i cant get Wii Speak to work with animal crossing and the wife is getting quite angry.
the LED on the Wii Speak doesnt light up at all.
currenty running 3.2U

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't install cios36 rev9 yet, but i'm interested. If other people have this problem too, maybe i'll hold off on installing it

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
well, Animal Crossing does not use cIOS (wiispeak use IOS38), which mean cIOS should NOT run while that game is running

have you at least IOS38 installed (Animal Crossing installs it I think but you might have blocked updates from gamediscs) ?

if you use USB loader to run Animal Crossing ISO, I guess it would not work since the loader use cIOS and cIOS is based on IOS36 which don't have IOS38 features to access Wiispeak (seems logical to me)

Tashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using a backup copy. wii speak has worked up until i installed rev9. i dont recall animal crossing ever installing an update though. pretty sure i blocked updates with starfall, been awhile though.
thanks for the support. suppose ill cross my fingers that cios gets updated soon.

but thats leads to another question, how can i revert back to rev8?

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
ok, so ur using a backup copy. that wont matter unless its a backup that u loaded using usb loader... also if its not working, try unplugging watever else is inserted in the usb slot. it wont work with other things hooked up
wink.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
are you using the backup launcher ?

there is only one IOS version running at one time: the only way for cIOS to be interfering with a game is when you use the backup launcher

interestingly, this would mean that IOS38 has not anything to do with Wiispeak since cIOS rev8 (a modified older IOS) was still compatible with it

also, since the last cIOS implements the USB2 module, it's very likey there are some bugs with normal USB1 device, however I thought they were supposed too be fixed, according to Kwirk

helloforum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What method are you using to play the backups? Wiigator, softchip?

If you can get cIOS rev 8 (the version before usb) installed as another ios number. (something besides 249). You can recompile backup launcher to use that ios instead of the usb one.

Tashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helloforum said:
What method are you using to play the backups? Wiigator, softchip?

If you can get cIOS rev 8 (the version before usb) installed as another ios number. (something besides 249). You can recompile backup launcher to use that ios instead of the usb one.

although thats an excellent idea, its beyond my knowledge level. i deploy for 4 months next week (in the navy) so unless a fix gets releases soon i need to get rev8 back. my wife would rather have wii speak then usbloader. the wife's got me to busy making last minute repairs to our house before i leave, and its been awhile since i started up my linux box so im a bit rusty.

im using the gamma backup launcher channel for my backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1