Wii soon lose mp3 playback

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Kiok, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Kiok
    OP

Kiok GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2006
    Jamaica
    OMGWTF? stupid Nintendo always trying to ruin everything.

2. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
  3. BigX

BigX GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2007
    Canada
    over there
    could have named the thread: "soon get AAC support for free" or "free upgrade from MP3 to AAC"

4. Ben_j

Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2005
    France
    MP3s will still be supported on Excitetruck, right ?

5. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    Ben_j no reason why they wouldn't be, but I don't see excite truck getting aac compatability patched.

6. BigX

BigX GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2007
    Canada
    over there
    the question will be, is the MP3 functionality something provided by the Wii Firmware and then used in the channel? then Excite Truck (and Endless Ocean as well as all the other MP3 playing games) will be "patched" to AAC too.
    If the MP3 playback is implemented by the channel/game itself, Excite Truck (and the games) will remain as it is.
    I think the latter is the case as this "upgrade" is announced for the Photo Channel only and requires a channel upgrade, no System Upgrade!

7. exiva

exiva Member

Jun 28, 2003
    United States
    Long Island, NY
    No problem here with Wii losing MP3 playback. All my music is AAC anyway. However, if they added OGG, that would rock.

8. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    Just because you disagree with their decision, doesn't mean that they're wrong/stupid. In fact, that statement shows a lot about you [​IMG]

9. shineget

shineget Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2006
    Portsmouth, England
    when i read the title i thought you meant Metroid Prime 3, that would be a big deal. mp3, isn't. I see no reason why anyone would ned mp3 playback on wii anyway.