Wii scratching discs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by The Composer, May 9, 2010.

May 9, 2010

Wii scratching discs? by The Composer at 1:33 AM (721 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. The Composer
    OP

Member The Composer GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    I have a softmodded wii with darkcorp. I have played more than 100+ games before and non gave problems at all. I'm EXTREMELY cautious with my discs care. Even backups, I treat them as original games.

Now, I got an original SSBB disc and I didn't had any scrtaches AT ALL. Today I tried to play with it and my wii had a hard time to read it.

Then I checked the disc and it had a radius like circular line. It covers all the disc radius.

What are you thoughts, gbatemp members?

2. The Composer
    OP

Member The Composer GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Come on, anyone help?

3. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Sounds like a mechanical defect, make sure there is no remnants of debris in your wii and blow out your disc drive with compressed air. If it still occurs, your drive may be malformed on the inside in which you may want to attempt to fix or buy a new disc drive.

Save up some money and switch to USB harddrive, rip games from your computer onto the harddrive and load using a USB loader is another alternative.