Hacking Wii Savegame Installer, Homebrew Channel, and backups.

aaronkephart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.2U version firmware on my wii

However, I do not remember the process I went through to get the HBC and modify my IOS, I followed instructions online. Everything works fine, but I have a slight issue.

I have a backed up copy of Call Of Duty: World at War. And I have a gamesave file for it(The game is PAL, and so is the savefile, but my wii is NTSC....)

So I was not able to install it via the regular wii data management screen. I downloaded Wii Savegame Extractor and tried running it, but it keeps giving me an Error! (ret = -1) problem. Its because the game is backed up most likely. I tried rebooting with no copy hooks, region free hooks, and all kinds of hooks. No help there. I'm using WiiGators Backup Launcher Gamma.

So, is there any other way I could install a gamesave??? I'm a little frustrated.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Why do all the people can't post in the f******* Noob-Thread? Damm, it isn't hard...
dry.gif

Anyways, it depends what Type for backup Loading you use...

Modchip: Save-Manager works
Gamma: No, won't work
SoftMii/cIOSCORP: Don't know

There you have it...it will only work with a Modchip, maybe with SoftMii/cIOSCORP or MiiWii...but I don't know...next time, use the search..there are many topics about this.
lecture.gif
And no, there's no other way...

aaronkephart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm really sorry. I know there are several posts about this, I'm not sure why people here are all jerks, but I guess I'm not surprised. I looked up information, however, nothing really pointed me to the fact that I would need a chip-mod for it to work.

Thanks anyways though.......good god.

bp2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have question and im going to just put it here i downloaded a twilight princess pal for twilight hack on my ntsc u wii and i converted the pal to ntsc with regionfrii and would like to know what twilight hack save to use (i have a modchip)

GrandMasterJimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Why do all the people can't post in the f******* Noob-Thread? Damm, it isn't hard...
dry.gif

Anyways, it depends what Type for backup Loading you use...

Modchip: Save-Manager works
Gamma: No, won't work
SoftMii/cIOSCORP: Don't know

There you have it...it will only work with a Modchip, maybe with SoftMii/cIOSCORP or MiiWii...but I don't know...next time, use the search..there are many topics about this.
lecture.gif
And no, there's no other way...

SoftMii/cIOSCORP works. I used it to put a Mario Kart Wii save onto my wii from save manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet