Wii Savegame Installer, Homebrew Channel, and backups.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by aaronkephart, Mar 3, 2009.

1. aaronkephart
    OP

Newcomer aaronkephart Newbie

United States
    I have 3.2U version firmware on my wii

However, I do not remember the process I went through to get the HBC and modify my IOS, I followed instructions online. Everything works fine, but I have a slight issue.

I have a backed up copy of Call Of Duty: World at War. And I have a gamesave file for it(The game is PAL, and so is the savefile, but my wii is NTSC....)

So I was not able to install it via the regular wii data management screen. I downloaded Wii Savegame Extractor and tried running it, but it keeps giving me an Error! (ret = -1) problem. Its because the game is backed up most likely. I tried rebooting with no copy hooks, region free hooks, and all kinds of hooks. No help there. I'm using WiiGators Backup Launcher Gamma.

So, is there any other way I could install a gamesave??? I'm a little frustrated.

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Why do all the people can't post in the f******* Noob-Thread? Damm, it isn't hard... [​IMG]

Anyways, it depends what Type for backup Loading you use...

Modchip: Save-Manager works
    Gamma: No, won't work
    SoftMii/cIOSCORP: Don't know

There you have it...it will only work with a Modchip, maybe with SoftMii/cIOSCORP or MiiWii...but I don't know...next time, use the search..there are many topics about this. [​IMG] And no, there's no other way...

3. aaronkephart
    OP

Newcomer aaronkephart Newbie

United States
    Wow, I'm really sorry. I know there are several posts about this, I'm not sure why people here are all jerks, but I guess I'm not surprised. I looked up information, however, nothing really pointed me to the fact that I would need a chip-mod for it to work.

Thanks anyways though.......good god.

4. bp2000

Member bp2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok i have question and im going to just put it here i downloaded a twilight princess pal for twilight hack on my ntsc u wii and i converted the pal to ntsc with regionfrii and would like to know what twilight hack save to use (i have a modchip)

5. GrandMasterJimmy

Newcomer GrandMasterJimmy Advanced Member

United States

SoftMii/cIOSCORP works. I used it to put a Mario Kart Wii save onto my wii from save manager.