Hacking Wii Savegame image and Manual

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do i cange the save game picture and the manual in a virtual console game?

I now that i need to extract 0000005.app and that banner.tpl en emanual.arc are the files but when i change them and install them on my wii i get an error when i want to play.

So can anyone help me?

MrTijo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Sperion said:

Same here,

In the 00000005.app,

I have just inserted the 5 image in order in the banner.tpl for the save game image and repack them with u8packer.exe (with MD5 option) in 00000005.app with no succes. (size:0 with 192x64 and 1.2.3.4 with 48x48)

I'have tried to use 00000005.app too from an already custom save image like Chrono Trigger same problem.

Banner and Icon work, but i have a problem with the sound. I don't know where the save name is stored too.

If someone can help us plz?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sperion said:
Ive got the save game banner for snes to work with this tutorial (spanish) http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tuturial-mo...el-save_1031618 if someone can translate it be my guest:P, but now i need some help with the nes games (and mabye n64) couse the nes doesnt have a banner.tpl in 00000005.app :S

Nice work, but can somone translate this?
frown.gif
i can speak zero spanish, and does this show how to change the savegame name also or just the savgame pic?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Among all the tutorials there are, not one focuses on how to change icons, nor the title of the save.
This tutorial is dedicated to people that already know how to modify Banner and Icons (from the 000.des or 000.app) but don't know how to change the saves or their titles.
Also, one must add that this is not for NOOBS, but for people that already know how to use the tools and hex editors.
That said, let the party begin!

Needed: Tools

Extract our wad in the format 0000000x.app (the tools already do this)
Now comes the subject in question XD. The save icons are found in 00000005.app.
Extract them with u8extr.
In the extracted archive, we see an interesting banner.tpl
Open the banner with tplconv and you get something like this...

31106376dy1.jpg

The next step, anyone can do it with their own method, I'll explain mine.
I go clicking around on the images to the left, upon clicking the show in the center, then I push "Save Image"
I save it as 1.bmp
Now, I click on 2, and repeat the process. At the end of this, we have 5 *.bmp files saved and numbered, OK?
Now we come to the "artistic" part
I open the 5 *.bmp files with Photoshop and edit them to my liking. With this manner, you leave the size in tact.
I'm not going to explain the process in Photoshop, that depends on the level or manner of the one that wants to use them.
Once we've finished with Photoshop, we have 5 new *.bmp files saved and modified.
We go back to tplconv and open the new banner
Now, we click on the first image to the left and then click "Read Image"
We select 1.bmp and see how it replaces the original image
Repeat the process with the rest
When the 5 mini pictures are change (the fifth, actually, doesn't need to be changed as it's always the same XD) we click "Save TPL"
We save over the original banner.tpl
And now we have our icons changed!
The following step is repacking it all.
We open u8coes...
In "Original U8 Archive" select 00000005.app, (vemos como añade el solo el directorio de los archivos modificados) - I'm not understanding his point here.
If we don't have it on the other saide, then we change it.
In "Archivo U8 Salida" we save it with a distinct name from 00000005.app (maybe one could replace it, but it's better preventing...)
When we have created our desired archive, delete the original 00000005.app and the folder with archives.
We rename the created archive 00000005.app

VERY WELL!! We have our changed icons!

But one moment... there's a catch! Beneath the Save, we're left with the title of the original game... great, and now what?
Well the has an easy solution.
The solution is in a place where many wouldn't imagine... in 00000001.app!!
We open with HEX. In my case, to the side of the save icon, they put "DK Country 2"
Well, with the editor I initiaed a search in ASCII and put "Country"
Quickly I found that the "fragment" can appear in multiple places, the correct one for DKC2 is the one that is just below Donkey Kong Country(SPAL)
I emphasise (SPAL) because because if you see the same jame several times, THIS IS THE CORRECT ONE, I repeat, for this emulator.
IF you injected en another, you just have to read the original text of the save and lock for it, whatever it is.
We write the title that we want starting in the same Byte. IF there's space left over, refill it with 00 00 00...
I don' tknow what will be the character limit.
When you've finished, save it, the archive doesn't have MD5 or anything, saving ready is good enough.
Now we have our 00000001.app and 00000005.app modified, we can modify the 0000000.app (The banner)
But this is already in other tutorials, so I'm not going to bore you more.

With everything ready, we pack the WAD and see...

This is the result
smile.gif

imagen078hz2.jpg

Salutations to you all, and may you find this useful
smile.gif
Now, to anyone else that speaks Spanish, you'll certainly find that I didn't translate this word for word, simply because my vocabulary isn't large enough. But I definitely understood the context, which is what I worded myself. At one point, I wasn't sure exactly what he was saying, but it's not really important to know, as I think he was just talking about directing the program to the modified *.app, and that if you don't see it, just change folders to the correct one.

So enjoy the translation. All credit goes to that other guy that wrote it. I did this as an exercise in the language, I guess.

DRaGMaRe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm the tutorial's autor xD
Good translation!

This tutorial only works 100% with SNES Save Icons
For the others plataforms (NES, N64, Neo Geo....etc) its a few diferent (to change the title name on the save icon (last image))

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DRaGMaRe said:
I'm the tutorial's autor xD
Good translation!

This tutorial only works 100% with SNES Save Icons
For the others plataforms (NES, N64, Neo Geo....etc) its a few diferent (to change the title name on the save icon (last image))

could you tell us witch files we need to edit for nes,n64, etc?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the english translation!
Has anyone else tried this? I got it done but when i installed it on the wii it said the wii system memory is corrupt and i need to restart my wii after starting the channel (when it creates save game file). Anyone else had any other luck?

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skater4599 said:
Thanks so much for the english translation!
Has anyone else tried this? I got it done but when i installed it on the wii it said the wii system memory is corrupt and i need to restart my wii after starting the channel (when it creates save game file). Anyone else had any other luck?

ive got it to work, how did you repack the 00000005.app? with u8pack or with u8cous? cous when i used u8pack i get the same error but when i tried it with u8cous it worked

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DaWiis said:
Sperion said:
ive got it to work, how did you repack the 00000005.app? with u8pack or with u8cous? cous when i used u8pack i get the same error but when i tried it with u8cous it worked

how do you repack a file with u8cous ?

In Archivo U8 original: you put in the original 00000005.app
In Directorio con los archivos modificagos: you put the extracted file from the 00000005.app
In Archivo U8 salida: you put in the new name file location.

so you first extract your wad then extract 00000005.app then you edit the banner.tpl start U8cous and replace the new 00000005.app with the old one

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I repacked with u8cous, but same error when i install on my wii, says teh system memory is corrupt. What format are you saving your photoshop edited pics as? mine were 32bit bmp, maybe thats my problem?

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skater4599 said:
I repacked with u8cous, but same error when i install on my wii, says teh system memory is corrupt. What format are you saving your photoshop edited pics as? mine were 32bit bmp, maybe thats my problem?

got the same error, but im still working on it.

did anyone did find the banner.tpl for nes files??

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sperion said:
Skater4599 said:

got the same error, but im still working on it.

did anyone did find the banner.tpl for nes files??

Still trying as well, and no luck. Ive only tried SNES though (most of what im trying to do is SNES) so have not gotten NES yet sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?