GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Elebits (NTSC->Pal)Â crashes after the 2nd tutorial, so I think this should be changed to non working.

Did you get very far into it shaunj?
Yes I've played the entire tutorial, videos and the first 3 stages with no problem. Using Taiyo Yuden dye Verbatim. Works brilliantly.

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone, please, try Bleach and/or Naruto on an NTSC-U console ?

Thanks
smile.gif

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Not really, it's down to the coders how they check the region byte, it can be checked multiple times throughout the game.

even if it was checked 100 times in the game it hasnt changed since the first check has it? its still patched to PAL.

thanks for just arguing for no reason though, considering shaun just confirmed it works

pipesfranco

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Digger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes I've played the entire tutorial, videos and the first 3 stages with no problem. Using Taiyo Yuden dye Verbatim. Works brilliantly.

Hi ShaunJ66, thanks for confirming that.

Maybe you should create a form, or suggested layout for this rather than the free for all that it is at the moment. Mod used and release name should ideally be included. Can you let me know which mod you are using?

QUOTE(iNFiNiTY @ Feb 26 2007, 07:48 PM)even if it was checked 100 times in the game it hasnt changed since the first check has it? its still patched to PAL.
thanks for just arguing for no reason though, considering shaun just confirmed it works
You really show your ignorance when it comes to games programming. The initial check is done by nintendo's firmware, not the game. The game may not check the region until it needs to do something like play a video, or change to a different screen model.

Alot of games will have two sets of video in them, one for full screen PAL and another for full screen NTSC, the programmers then leave a set of videos out, ie pal removed for NTSC release, but dont alter the code that checks the region and looks up the video to play. So forcing a game to PAL would cause errors within the game.

So in future, if you've got nothing constructive to say, BUTT OUT!

Digger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, now I feel stupid
smile.gif

I have managed to get Elebits working on PAL.

The screen settings need to be switched to 60Hz in the Wii Menu, on 50Hz, it will hang after the 2nd Tutorial. Stands to reason really, but it's something I overlooked after removing the battery the settings defaulted back to 50Hz.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issues.

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
This doesn't work, my wii spits out the disc. Do i need to buy a modchip?

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
Put this in the hall of fame!!

This is very good it reminds me of the PSX NTSC to PAL patchers that were out there they were total crap most of the time. This appears to be a lot more effective and will come in handy considering most of you Americans and other NTSC's mostly put your releases online. Get those new NTSC releases in PAL before they even exist!

W0000t imports!

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm these working....

Rayman: Raving Rabbits
PAL to NTSC-U

Super Fruit Fall
PAL to NTSC-U

I did the patching manually but I'm sure using the NTSC-J to NTSC-U patcher would work the same when used on a PAL iso.

Digger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GAME : The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
ORIGINAL REGION : NTSC-U
CONVERED TO : PAL
MOD : Wiinja v2
SCREEN MODE
50Hz : Works fine
60Hz : Black screens - game doesn't start
Component : Not Tested

Digger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GAME : Elebits
ORIGINAL REGION : NTSC-U
CONVERED TO : PAL
MOD : Wiinja v2
SCREEN MODE
50Hz : Crashes after 2nd Tutorial, stuttering speech in videos
60Hz : Works fine
Component : Not Tested

Reepa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0053 - Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 -> works but slow video cutscenes (tested by OopanpanoO)
OopanpanoOCall of duty 3 US don't work.(cyclowiz v1).

Safe to assume this slowdown is cyclowiz only? Same deal as Wario Ware: Smooth Moves...?

EDIT: Ahh actually, could be a 50Hz problem also from some other game reports using different chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1