Hacking wii not starting up

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I need help with my wii I have a 4.2U and it has been softmodded for a while, I recently put it on and wii party was hanging, I switched it off and on and boom a black screen, I have bootmii as boot 2 and have tried to copy my nand over from when it was just softmodded and nothing is happening it just hangs on a black screen.

My remotes do not even want to come on. When the sd card is in bootmii loads up I can get into homebrew but because my remotes don't want to sync I can not do anything.

I have bootmii as boot 2 and as a ios

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Is it bricked?

Thanks

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really wierd. You say you can load HBC? Use a GC controller to load a game and see if your wii remote's sync up in game. I had a wii in a state like that that I solved but It was an extreme means of doing things..... What I had to do was take and format my nand with Giantpune's tool and then install a fresh 4.1 into it before installing it on my wii.. I wouldn't recomend this unless nothing else works and make a backup of the original nand.

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Guardian said:
Really wierd. You say you can load HBC? use a GC controller to load a game and see if your wii remote's sync up in game. I had a wii in a state like that that I solved but It was an extreme means of doing things......

Don't have a GC control.
Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
madclint said:
Hells Guardian said:
Your nand backup isn't working?

Nope nothing I have tried 2 diffrent nand backups and they are not working

If your NAND isn't working then maybe it's something else, your wiimotes not working? Maybe Blue tooth, time to crack the case.
Also, if your tried other NANDs (From online or something) you need alter the keys.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the bluetooth module. If the BT module is bad-
Wii boots to black screen
Wiimote will not power on the wii
Savemiifrii loads the recovery menu without issue
Priiloader will load, bootmii will load, no wiimote sync
Games will not load from RM or from game loader

You may want to get a gc controller and test savemiifrii and game loading. Or just spend $10 and buy a new bt module and replace it to see if it fixes your wii.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always take a modmii generated/donor nand, create a backup of your own, and use bitwiin to convert donor to your nand (Your backup should have keys with it). Then you have fresh install. You could even install a couple of channels to the NAND before restoring from it. (Only do this for extreme measures)

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said get GC controller and try to boot a game from a loader in HBC if a game boots and wii remote syncs up after pressing the red buttons then try the suggestion above. backup nand format it and install a 4.1 Update into it and install. this can be done with the tool made by Giantpune as describe in this thread
http://gbatemp.net/t279750-ohneswanzenegger

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys it is sorted it was the main board, so nintendo replaced it, i know have a 4.3E and took it to the "flea market" by us to help me redo the soft mod and they wanted to charge me 600 rand even though i paid them before to do it for me. I just cant believe that they are so greedy for money as everywhere on this site it says it is free. If only i had an orginal pal game to do the mod and speaking of that I have 13 original ntfs games that i can not use as nintendo have put a security lock on my drive as soon as i insert the ntfs disk the wii switches off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.