Wii not rebooting correctly

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by schamber, Apr 27, 2009.

Apr 27, 2009

Wii not rebooting correctly by schamber at 7:50 PM (786 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    When I exit a game that I have loaded up via Backup Launcher the Wii Menu does not load instead I get a blank screen. This does not happen when I leave a NTSC game only a PAL. I am guessing this is due to the Wii being USA version. I was running 3.4 but downgraded to 3.2. I have tried to change the region of the Wii but I dont have Wi-Fi and the only solution I have been able to find is the region changer but it does not fully change the Wiis region only the drive.

Any suggestions.

2. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    don't change the region at all except to change back to a 3.2U version. you don't know there are easy ways to play PAL games on a USA wii, don't you

3. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    I got both NTSC and PAL games working fine with whatever firmware I run. The problem is when I exit a PAL game it crashes the Wii and the only way I can get back to the main menu is holding the power button in for a few seconds.

4. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    I got both NTSC and PAL games working fine with whatever firmware I run. The problem is when I exit a PAL game it crashes the Wii and the only way I can get back to the main menu is holding the power button in for a few seconds.

5. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom

6. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've found this to be the case with Little King's Story (PAL) on my 4.0U system via Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma. This hasn't been the case with other PAL games, but LKS freezes it up every time on exit (I have to press the power button on the Wiimote to quit). I haven't tried it via USB Launcher yet...

7. schamber
    OP

Newcomer schamber Member

United Kingdom
    Oddly enough I just got through playing LKS on my Pal Wii and had no problems at all exiting the game or playing. Not tried it on the NTSC Wii and I doubt I will until I fix this reboot problem.

8. bigwan

Newcomer bigwan Newbie

United States
    Help me. I play game wii pal and i need to exit to main menu i click a home batton in wiimote

i got to the back screen plz help me.