Hacking Wii Music Pal Upgrade - Semibricked my Wii NTSC(3.3u)

desi90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Friends,

I have Wii (USA) running 3.3u with Wii Key and accidentally I said yes to upgrade while using Wii Music PAL. I was suppose to say no and ran blick blocker to remove that update but as always mistakes happen.

I would appreciate if experts can guide me to fix this. I do not have home brew channels installed and also never connected my Wii wireless with my router either.

Thanks a Lot.

desi90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but How Do I do that by using Internet ?? as my settings are disabled as I am getting error while using settings

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's still no game with 3.4 available.
Maybe you can create a Autoboot-Disc with a dump from another Wii or use Auto-Boot WAD-Manager to install a new systemmenu.

desi90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello D-Jay, Can you please guide me how I can create a Autoboot-Disc with a dump from another Wii or use Auto-Boot WAD-Manager to install a new systemmenu.

Also I have one question though My Wii is semibricked and it allows me to run my backup games so if I leave it semi bricked till new version comes will that be a problem ??

Please advise
smile.gif

Cheers

desi90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Friends I have 2 quick questions?

1. if I leave my Wii semi bricked till new update comes is that fine? as it is aloowing me to play my back up games

2. Is there any solution to fix this without HBC.

Please help !!

D

Deleted User

desi90 said:

1. if I leave my Wii semi bricked till new update comes is that fine? as it is aloowing me to play my back up games
Yes, Unless you access the settings all the time.
No, and yes.

No, because there's an easy way to fix this using HBC. Why the fuck you don't want to install HBC?

Yes, there is a few ways.
1)Get a Autoboot WAD Manager
2)Use Wii Update Manager, and replace the update you got in whatever .iso, to 3.4. (May not work though)
3)Use Wii Scrubber or Trucha Signer, head for the update partition, replace the system menu wad with 3.4's System menu WAD

Please help !!

For you, 1,2,3 is too technical. Better install HBC

desi90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
desi90 said:

Yes, Unless you access the settings all the time.
No, and yes.

No, because there's an easy way to fix this using HBC. Why the fuck you don't want to install HBC?

Yes, there is a few ways.
1)Get a Autoboot WAD Manager
2)Use Wii Update Manager, and replace the update you got in whatever .iso, to 3.4. (May not work though)
3)Use Wii Scrubber or Trucha Signer, head for the update partition, replace the system menu wad with 3.4's System menu WAD

Please help !!

For you, 1,2,3 is too technical. Better install HBC

Thanks for the reply but the way I read few forums I was told that I need wifi conection to install HBC, if that is wrong than pleaseadvise how I should install hbc without internet connection as my settings are disabled.

Also if some one can guide me technical way by using WAD manager than I can do it as well. I tried running autoboot 1.3 but it gives me error.

Again u r pro and appreciate for your help please

D

Deleted User

Where the hell did you get your info? HBC DOES NOT need internet to install.

Install HBC.

Get WAD Manager.

Get a System Menu WAD of your region (v289 for US)

Then Install with WAD Manager

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Thanks for the reply but the way I read few forums I was told that I need wifi conection to install HBC, if that is wrong than pleaseadvise how I should install hbc without internet connection as my settings are disabled.
Here you go, just download all those files (check your pms for all the links).
Then create the directory /00000001/00000024/v1042/ in the root of your SD card.
Copy all downloaded files to this folder and put the SD card in the front SD slot.
Then try and reinstall the loader by selecting sd card if ever asked for the location to download.

QUOTEAlso if some one can guide me technical way by using WAD manager than I can do it as well. I tried running autoboot 1.3 but it gives me error.
WadManager is really straight forwad: you browse all your wads that are in a WAD folder at the root of your SD.
To install a wad, just browse to its name with up/down (all wads might not show up, just scroll) then install with '+'.
If you ever wanted to remove a previously installed wad, just reselect it but this time use '-' instead or you can still use AnyTitle Deleter and select your previously installed file.

@afif95:
inded, it needs to get some files off the internet to install (tmd.1042, cetk, 00000000, 00000001, 00000002...)

D

Deleted User

Don Killah, wrong topic?

He got a semi brick, and does not have HBC. Refuses to install as he thinks that it needs wifi.

If you read the whole thread, you'd know (Not flaming, just telling)

And he's not installing a loader too you know

desi90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Also if some one can guide me technical way by using WAD manager than I can do it as well. I tried running autoboot 1.3 but it gives me error.
WadManager is really straight forwad: you browse all your wads that are in a WAD folder at the root of your SD.
To install a wad, just browse to its name with up/down (all wads might not show up, just scroll) then install with '+'.
If you ever wanted to remove a previously installed wad, just reselect it but this time use '-' instead or you can still use AnyTitle Deleter and select your previously installed file.

So Don if I want to use WAD manager technique what software and files I need so I can run and remove the updates I did this morning.. Some one else advise me to download autoboot WAD manager 1.3 and I burned on DVD but it gives me an error when I ran that on my 3.3 semibricked Wii.

desi90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
Don Killah, wrong topic?

He got a semi brick, and does not have HBC. Refuses to install as he thinks that it needs wifi.

If you read the whole thread, you'd know (Not flaming, just telling)

And he's not installing a loader too you know

Afif I am sorry for the confusion but if either of you masters can guide me I can install HBC as I am not sure if I can install HBC without internet connection as I never configured my Wii to connect to internet through WIFI..

Please guide me with best and fast method.. I am technical so I can follow your technical advise...

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@afif95:
yep i've just read the post too fast and didn't really noticed, just saw hat he needed some files to get HBC to install without the internet.

@desi:
check your pm, i've made an error while copy-pasting, my bad.

D

Deleted User

desi90, pay some attention to the stickies and you'll find your answer.

@Don Killah, well start reading slowly
rofl2.gif

Conclusion is, HBC DOES NOT need internet. And it's easy to install too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1