Hardware Wii motion plus from ebay (Hong Kong)

jaouad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This thread is for sharing your experience and thoughts about the wii motion plus you bought from a chinese seller on ebay.

I bought 2 and they both seem to work flawlesly only on one wii remote. On my other 2 they both have a different problem.

- On one the cursor stutters/flickers on the screen in menu's and games that don't use the peripheral.
- On the other one it stops working every 10 minutes.

I really hope to hear that it's the motion plus which cause the issues because the wiiremotes work perfect without them. What I think is that the bad wii motion plus combined with one of my good wii remotes makes a well functional combination.
And a normal wiiremote with a bad wii motion plus makes a faulty experience.

So who else bought a wii motion plus from an ebay seller and what are your thoughts and experience with them? Also does anyone know the issue i've been describing?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dont buy ANYTHING from hong kong! not just wii stuff i mean anything. i made the mistake once of buying cheap computer perips there once BIG fucking mistake!

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ditto on the sentiment of not buying anything from Hong Kong. I bought a Wiimote from a HK seller and it was a pretty good copy. But there were several things wrong:

1. Batteries were difficult to fit in.
2. I couldn't use the Nyko rechargeable battery because the cover wouldn't fit. It was slightly different from an official wiimote.
3. The rumble was loud and shaky. Not close to the perfection of the real wiimote.
4. The wiimote didn't track very well. It was jumpy.

Although I haven't tried a pirate motion plus, based on my experience with other pirate goods, stay away from them as they tend to be shoddy quality.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
dont buy ANYTHING from ebay! not just wii stuff i mean anything. i made the mistake once of buying cheap computer perips there once BIG fucking mistake!
fixed
wink.gif

I know people like ebay but better safe than sorry
smile.gif

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
I once bought a red/black DSlite from Hong Kong on ebay. Bad idea. They claimed it new from Nintendo, but when I turned it on it was already configured (by that I mean, when you turn a DS on for the first time, you know how you set time/date and screenname etc?).

Then I realised the serial number on the back was missing. So I tried to send it back and gave up after many months.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bought mod chip, 2 wiimotes and several other things myself. they all work just fine and have over a years worth of use and were a fraction of the cost. you need to just pay attention to the sellers ratings and the feedback left, there are decent sellers out there

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I have bought many things from Hong Kong and have had no problems! Just remember if it looks too good to be true it usually is!

timebandit

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have bought many things from Ebay, and not only for the Wii.
Everything has worked as it should.

The last things I bought from Ebay for the Wii was: Classic Controller, Component Cables, Wii remote & Nunchuck, Wii MotionPlus and batteries. All is OK.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love these game systems that "look" like psps but they play all kinds of crap anc come packed with nes gba and genesis games. I cant believe they get away with it. I bought a psp mem stick a few years back that claimed 4gigs but ended up being about 512mb. the seller told me " I was using usb1.1 and thats why it wouldnt read the whole thing." I also know someone who bought a fake ipod from hong kong. it has an apple on the back, and some hong kong hotties as a background

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1