Hacking WII mfe~!

olvap377

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there is a wii linux mfe that u can mont and unmount dvd rather than sd please let me know I really want to use. I have the gc linux one i want the wii one.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
if there was one you wouldnt be posting around asking for it

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe there is, but its bad for your laser, or motor, i cant remember. Plus you need a dual layer capable mod chip. There's little reason for a wii to function as your dvd player. Dvd players are like $30 anyway

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there's not. There's a Wii DVD player that is extremely old, but was never ported for the current Wii Homebrew scene. I believe it requires a certain modchip to use as well.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=640208

Also you should know that it is uncertain how prolonged use of th Wii laser will affect its ability to read disks. Some people believe the Wii was built with DVD playback but dropped the software due to licensing costs, and some people believe that the Wii laser was not built with DVD playback in mind and will break MUCH FASTER under this type of usage.

The Wii does not have constant use of the laser while playing games, unlick while watching a DVD or listening to a CD, the laser is constantly under use.

My conclusion is that it probably would cause your laser to burn out much faster, but not any faster than any other optical drive laser used for DVD playback (such as a Playstation or Xbox). So to sum it up, your lense will last LONGER without use, but it will not deteriorate faster than the AVERAGE DVD or CD PLAYER.

CPOStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
If your laser burns out, it's not an incredibly difficult task to replace it. It will run you about $50 for the part. So if you think you are capable of doing the replacement, the tradeoff of increased functionality may be well worth it.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPOStudios said:
If your laser burns out, it's not an incredibly difficult task to replace it. It will run you about $50 for the part. So if you think you are capable of doing the replacement, the tradeoff of increased functionality may be well worth it.

Yeah, unless you already own a $20 DVD player from Wal-Mart, or another system that plays DVD's, then it's not lol.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?