Hacking Wii Menu Uninstaller and Disk Check v1.01 COMING SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
id buy that wii if it was for sale

badbob

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's pretty nice, and the black buttons on the front select the image you want to load, you can have up to 4 games I think it is

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
badbob said:
Also there is this unit which is similar to the RVT-R reader, but plays images from a hard drive inside:
DSC01465.jpg
Wow, thats one weird-ass looking Wii.
So im guessing to play wii games on this, you use games from the USB Loader?

badbob

Trophies
XP
Country
It's official Nintendo gear so I doubt they are using the USB Loader!
smileipb2.png

It's been out since the Wii first was, they will be using their own methods for loading the games on.

If you look at the front of the unit, you can see a mini USB port, I guess you load the games on through that, most likely using Ninty software.

tsampiras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
SpAM_CAN said:
If only some one could do a BootMii NAND rip of this... it would be like the Pink Fish all over again!

Ok is there a NAND BACKUP tool without installing ANYTHING in the FLASH of a WII (RVT)? I am willing to try. Can't afford leave traces or brick it

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, bootmii is removable, and its likely the best you're going to get, seeing some mentioned its running 4.0. All the other dumpers i know of either require a trucha capable IOS, which isn't present on 4.0, or cIOS.

Also, bootmii gives you the Wii's keys, which we'd need anyway to decrypt the dumps.

You could bring YAWND to try first, but it likely won't work because the signing bug is probably fixed.

Any way you look at it, you'll likely need something installed to grab the dump. If you use bootmii, uninstalling afterwards covers it pretty well, unless they explicitly go looking for it. It'd leave even less if installed as boot2.

Just be sure to bring an NUS Downloader wad of the "official" IOS254, so you can restore it if you install bootmii as IOS. I *think* unaltered NUSD wads are properly signed, so it should install fine.

tsampiras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
techboy said:
Yes, bootmii is removable, and its likely the best you're going to get, seeing some mentioned its running 4.0. All the other dumpers i know of either require a trucha capable IOS, which isn't present on 4.0, or cIOS.

Also, bootmii gives you the Wii's keys, which we'd need anyway to decrypt the dumps.

You could bring YAWND to try first, but it likely won't work because the signing bug is probably fixed.

Any way you look at it, you'll likely need something installed to grab the dump. If you use bootmii, uninstalling afterwards covers it pretty well, unless they explicitly go looking for it. It'd leave even less if installed as boot2.

Just be sure to bring an NUS Downloader wad of the "official" IOS254, so you can restore it if you install bootmii as IOS. I *think* unaltered NUSD wads are properly signed, so it should install fine.

I can choose FW 1.0-1.5-2.0-3.0-3.2 to install. My green RVT WII is a little older. I had it before 3.4 but bannerbomb wasn't released then so I couldn't mess around. I had to disassemble.
So anyway i can boot YAWND with bannebomb?

It's a little bit late here guys but if you assist i can dump it in a hour i suppose. A quick link with all the needed tools it could be great though (yeah i know google)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've always wondered why Nintendo doesn't sell an official hard drive model of the Wii, or at least an extension. (increases piracy rates?). Also, why the special RVT-R format in the first place, seeing they need special burners and readers, and are $$$$?

Regular wii's can read games on DVD-R with the right IOS, so why not just have a special IOS on a normal wii? (we know its possible, cause the hb community did it
biggrin.gif
)

I'm loving those pictures though. I wish they'd sell things like that to anyone who's interested in them. They'd be expensive!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what a bout call of duty