Hardware Wii Memory Management

Fr0sTby7eX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I have started using WAD Manager I have installed a lot of channels on my Wii, now I have no space left on the Wii and was wondering if it is possible to install channels onto my SD card and have the Wii read the channels from there. If so, how? I am hoping Nintendo wasn't dumb enough to only let channels be read from the internal Wii memory :/

Fr0sTby7eX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well poo, how dumb. That is such a waste of those little blocks at the Wii menu. So If I want more channels I am screwed?

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Erase channels and use an SD card
smile.gif

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Just delete the channels that you don't need to bring up more memory. Nintendo said 'we are working on a solution', but some hacker will probably find a way to increase it before them.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Well, first of all, get rid of mostly all of your virtual console games that aren't n64. then download the corresponding roms and (homebrew) emulators, and look at that, you have al your old games, and more space too.

elenar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rlw said:
Fr0sTby7eX said:
Since I have started using WAD Manager I have installed a lot of channels on my Wii, now I have no space left on the Wii and was wondering if it is possible to install channels onto my SD card and have the Wii read the channels from there. If so, how? I am hoping Nintendo wasn't dumb enough to only let channels be read from the internal Wii memory :/

Yeah, it's a shame. Now you will have to remove some illegal games in order to place other illegal ones on there. Nintendo is so stupid for not accommodating to your needs.

Ooooooh, a smartass! We all love those.

How about those of us who, after buying about 4 N64 games, installing the mario kart channel, mii channel, and 3 wiiware games _legitimately_, found that his memory was already full?

Granted I can just "delete" them through memory manager and just redownload them at any time. It's still a lot more hassle than is necessary, especially considering I've got another 2GB of space sitting there on an SD card, that the Wii almost never actually uses. I feel that Nintendo's claim that the Wii will actually utilize the SD card is, at best, misleading. It's a problem for people that are downloading legitimately, as well.

Fr0sTby7eX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QQ some more rlw. Out of all the people here you decide to subject me to your bitching about how I have downloaded pirated games? Look at the literally THOUSANDS of people here that have done the exact same thing I have. Seriously, don't get your panties in a bunch.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, don't worry, he hates pirates for some reason. :\
rlw, you go to the nearest GameStop or anywhere, buy an NES, N64, and some games that only came out in Japan. And an SNES, and a CD-I, go ahead.
tongue.gif

Nintendo did say something about a memory problem solution, and I heard that NOE guy said only geeks and otakus need extra space. And he runs Nintendo of Europe, damn. So I hope they do something like loading from the SD card, which is possible in Homebrew terms. And soon enough, Nintendo is going to have to enable SDHC for more games on one memory card. And then come the rain of "OMGZ I CANZ HAZ AN EYEEZOH LOAADERZ!11one1111!!!?" So then it will stop, Nintendo shall make a 350 dollar console, and then block all this shit.
tongue.gif
A look into the future.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend had one but she sold it to buy the Wii! And she had some good games, LoZ: MM Gold Cartridge, with a complete save file. And a lot of others, the original SSB. But now Nintendo, release some good games for the VC!

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, if only Goldeneye 007 worked, I would delete some channels for that, and I just got a Classic Controller! Yay! The only inject I have is PaRaDoX's super Smash Bros.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.