Wii Memory Management

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Fr0sTby7eX, Aug 16, 2008.

Aug 16, 2008

Wii Memory Management by Fr0sTby7eX at 8:10 AM (2,752 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Fr0sTby7eX
    OP

Newcomer Fr0sTby7eX Member

United States
    Since I have started using WAD Manager I have installed a lot of channels on my Wii, now I have no space left on the Wii and was wondering if it is possible to install channels onto my SD card and have the Wii read the channels from there. If so, how? I am hoping Nintendo wasn't dumb enough to only let channels be read from the internal Wii memory :/

2. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Impossible. End of story

3. Fr0sTby7eX
    OP

United States
    Well poo, how dumb. That is such a waste of those little blocks at the Wii menu. So If I want more channels I am screwed?

4. JPdensetsu

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    Erase channels and use an SD card [​IMG]

5. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Just delete the channels that you don't need to bring up more memory. Nintendo said 'we are working on a solution', but some hacker will probably find a way to increase it before them.

6. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Well, first of all, get rid of mostly all of your virtual console games that aren't n64. then download the corresponding roms and (homebrew) emulators, and look at that, you have al your old games, and more space too.

7. Fr0sTby7eX
    OP

United States
    All I have is N64 :/

8. elenar

Member elenar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ooooooh, a smartass! We all love those.

How about those of us who, after buying about 4 N64 games, installing the mario kart channel, mii channel, and 3 wiiware games _legitimately_, found that his memory was already full?

Granted I can just "delete" them through memory manager and just redownload them at any time. It's still a lot more hassle than is necessary, especially considering I've got another 2GB of space sitting there on an SD card, that the Wii almost never actually uses. I feel that Nintendo's claim that the Wii will actually utilize the SD card is, at best, misleading. It's a problem for people that are downloading legitimately, as well.

9. Fr0sTby7eX
    OP

United States
    QQ some more rlw. Out of all the people here you decide to subject me to your bitching about how I have downloaded pirated games? Look at the literally THOUSANDS of people here that have done the exact same thing I have. Seriously, don't get your panties in a bunch.

10. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Hey, don't worry, he hates pirates for some reason. :\
    rlw, you go to the nearest GameStop or anywhere, buy an NES, N64, and some games that only came out in Japan. And an SNES, and a CD-I, go ahead. [​IMG]
    Nintendo did say something about a memory problem solution, and I heard that NOE guy said only geeks and otakus need extra space. And he runs Nintendo of Europe, damn. So I hope they do something like loading from the SD card, which is possible in Homebrew terms. And soon enough, Nintendo is going to have to enable SDHC for more games on one memory card. And then come the rain of "OMGZ I CANZ HAZ AN EYEEZOH LOAADERZ!11one1111!!!?" So then it will stop, Nintendo shall make a 350 dollar console, and then block all this shit. [​IMG] A look into the future.

11. Fr0sTby7eX
    OP

United States
    Arrrgg! I'll steal your N64!

12. alex

United States
    My friend had one but she sold it to buy the Wii! And she had some good games, LoZ: MM Gold Cartridge, with a complete save file. And a lot of others, the original SSB. But now Nintendo, release some good games for the VC!

13. Fr0sTby7eX
    OP

United States
    It's up to people like paradox to get all those games back. Injected roms FTW!

14. alex

United States
    Man, if only Goldeneye 007 worked, I would delete some channels for that, and I just got a Classic Controller! Yay! The only inject I have is PaRaDoX's super Smash Bros. [​IMG]

15. Fr0sTby7eX
    OP

United States
    I know, I'm waiting for that to be made. I remember getting it when it first came out. Best FPS on N64 EVER!!!