Hardware Wii making a lot of noise, clicking

Marticuno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What is the cause? Is it bad media? I mean the discs run fine, but there is alot of clicking and stuff inside the Wii. Is this very bad? What should I do? It only occurs on backups. I use Verbatim (don't know where they are made) 16x certified. And backups also works on 1x. Does this mean if I continue the laser will die?

I'm afraid to killl my Wii/laser, so please help
smile.gif

Thanks.

Marticuno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah probs because it is a DL-dics. But I'm getting it on single layers as well.
But what excactly is the noise? Is it the laser? You have all heard it before, it occurs when you turn on and start an original.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's your entire Wii. Take it and smash it against the wall. Just kidding. If it's all your backups, then it's definitely not the laser, just your DVDs. Your Wii isn't gonna break any time soon.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you must be paranoid about the noise makes. get in game faster so you can take your mind off of it ! ;P

im paranoid too.. esp for no more heroes ntsc T_T

it will make a lot of difference if you can record the sound of the noise your wii is making instead of trying to describe it with words. i can only guess the noise at the wii startup is the "TOC" clicking sound. this has made me want to eject the disc alot more because each time i navigate out of the wii home channel and go back it has to reload the disc again with the TOC noise !!1

edit:
nvm i just went to youtube to get videos of other ppl's wii drive noises ;P
search: wii drive noise
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=wi...mp;search_type=

the exact TOC noise at startup !
happy.gif
on a naked wii too so you can see all the action lol
Wii Drive Noise
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9tvrFLgoZOI

Wii Brawl Drive Noise
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hgJVGZSmAcU

i dont know what part of the drive makes this noise

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@arctic_flame
more info on what you mean ? pls. wiikey is notorious but enlighten us with what you know here in this topic: noisy wii fitted with a wiikey
thank yoooooos

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
noisound said:
@arctic_flame
more info on what you mean ? pls. wiikey is notorious but enlighten us with what you know here in this topic: noisy wii fitted with a wiikey
thank yoooooos

Nah, it's just that 1.9g forces the drive to 3x, which makes the sounds of the laser assembly moving more obvious.

pepo_murdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
maybe is the speed that you burn your dvds. i saw that the best speed is 4x. if you burn higher than that you´ll break your laser lens(just like i did)

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same noises as this one, except it happens to me for every backup game I have:

I can say pretty safely that it does not hurt your Wii in the short term. I've been playing backups since february 2007 and my Wii is not broken in any way yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol