wii issues with loaders and Wads

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by JuggaletteENJ, Nov 5, 2010.

Nov 5, 2010
  1. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

Member JuggaletteENJ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, I'm not quite a noob, but I only know enough to get me into trouble. I am currently using Uloader, which I am not a fan of, because it's not as "pretty" (lol, like my technical terms?) and I can't get 1/2 my disk images to show up. I use it though because the back up of my guitar hero games work on it, but not on GX. I told someone this, that ULoader seemed more compatible, but they said they didn't make since. I did notice that when I load GX, I get a black screen and it's says things like

"IOS 236 not found, reloading into 36
    reloading IOS config settings 222"

Is there a CIOS I need to fix perhaps?

Also, I apparently don't have 249 installed, because was manager won't work unless I go to 222

How do I see what IOSs I have installed? How do I fix the issue so I can use GX or CFG USB? [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!!

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    I'll give u the same advice I give everyone who has wii softmodding problems...

Download ModMii, then use the ModMii Wizard to rehack your wii as if it were a virgin (so when it asks if your wii is a virgin, answer yes, even if its not)
    Then follow your custom guide to rehack your Wii, which will update all your softmods to the latest and best versions [​IMG]

Then use ModMii's usb-loader setup feature to assist you in setting up your hard drive, configurable usb-loader and more.

3. demon33

Member demon33 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    you can run syscheck to have a file on your sd with ios & cios results [​IMG]

I prefer cfg usbloader for the pretty reason (you put the pictures you like) & for rapid update/compatibility

what base is your ios249 if you have it as base 56 it don't install wads , I installed 249 as 56 + 250 as 38 so I can have wad installation with 250. you could look for ios236 too it have an installer for itself & is some kind of backup for ios36 trucha (as I know)

you can also use dopmii to see what version of ios you have & update them but be sure to know what u r doing first [​IMG]

good luck & have fun

4. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

United States
    Will I lose the info on my Hard drive or my saved games on my wii if I do this? Can you recommend any custom guides?

5. demon33

Canada
    more easy to do as xflak says [​IMG]

noob proof

6. demon33

Canada
    use savegame manager for saves & mii backup

& backup the info you have on the hdd if you want (like emulator & things)

Posts merged

if you can have bootmii as boot2 do a backup first [​IMG]

7. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

United States
    all I have on my hard drive is wii backups, my emulators on on my sd card, which i can easily back up. I won't lose my games will I? (the ones on my HDD)

and any recommendations on a guide?

Thanks!!!!

8. demon33

Canada
    I,m at work so don't have the link on my hands but no you should not loose the games u have you can unplug the hdd when you do the updates if you're affraid

9. demon33

Canada
    you can click on xflac signature it's a good guide & should be easy, BUT READ FIRST!!

10. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

United States
    OK cool. THANKS ALL. I will do it now. I have moded many wiis, but always used the sticky guide and never had this problem...I will let u know how it goes. Thanks again!

::Duh:: (on clicking the signature...sry lol)

It's been a day lol

11. JuggaletteENJ
    OP

United States
    ok so modmii froze at "33 of 52"

I double clicked the unfreezemii.bat and a black screen blinked and it didn't help.