Hacking wii issues with loaders and Wads

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm not quite a noob, but I only know enough to get me into trouble. I am currently using Uloader, which I am not a fan of, because it's not as "pretty" (lol, like my technical terms?) and I can't get 1/2 my disk images to show up. I use it though because the back up of my guitar hero games work on it, but not on GX. I told someone this, that ULoader seemed more compatible, but they said they didn't make since. I did notice that when I load GX, I get a black screen and it's says things like

"IOS 236 not found, reloading into 36
reloading IOS config settings 222"

Is there a CIOS I need to fix perhaps?

Also, I apparently don't have 249 installed, because was manager won't work unless I go to 222

How do I see what IOSs I have installed? How do I fix the issue so I can use GX or CFG USB?
yaywii.gif

Thanks in advance!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'll give u the same advice I give everyone who has wii softmodding problems...

Download ModMii, then use the ModMii Wizard to rehack your wii as if it were a virgin (so when it asks if your wii is a virgin, answer yes, even if its not)
Then follow your custom guide to rehack your Wii, which will update all your softmods to the latest and best versions
biggrin.gif

Then use ModMii's usb-loader setup feature to assist you in setting up your hard drive, configurable usb-loader and more.

demon33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can run syscheck to have a file on your sd with ios & cios results
smile.gif

I prefer cfg usbloader for the pretty reason (you put the pictures you like) & for rapid update/compatibility

what base is your ios249 if you have it as base 56 it don't install wads , I installed 249 as 56 + 250 as 38 so I can have wad installation with 250. you could look for ios236 too it have an installer for itself & is some kind of backup for ios36 trucha (as I know)

you can also use dopmii to see what version of ios you have & update them but be sure to know what u r doing first
smile.gif

good luck & have fun

demon33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
use savegame manager for saves & mii backup

& backup the info you have on the hdd if you want (like emulator & things)

Posts merged

if you can have bootmii as boot2 do a backup first
smile.gif

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all I have on my hard drive is wii backups, my emulators on on my sd card, which i can easily back up. I won't lose my games will I? (the ones on my HDD)

and any recommendations on a guide?

Thanks!!!!

demon33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I,m at work so don't have the link on my hands but no you should not loose the games u have you can unplug the hdd when you do the updates if you're affraid

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK cool. THANKS ALL. I will do it now. I have moded many wiis, but always used the sticky guide and never had this problem...I will let u know how it goes. Thanks again!

::Duh:: (on clicking the signature...sry lol)

It's been a day lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.