Gaming Wii issue (game freeze and sound)

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I am experiencing the same issue as on this video :

Can I know why and how to fix that ?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That happens whenever the Wii crashes, also you only have to hold the power button until it turns off, you don't have to unplug the whole thing.
It's not really something that can be "fixed" unless you can tell us exactly where/when it happens to you, then there might be a solution.

Reactions: Huex

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Wii is 10 years old so I don’t remember... I use usb loader gx on a 4.2 Wii version and the games are stored on a 320gb HDD

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is this with games running from USB? USB HDD sleep setting can cause that. As can a corrupted/faulty drive or a bad/corrupted game dump.
That happens whenever the Wii crashes, also you only have to hold the power button until it turns off, you don't have to unplug the whole thing.
It's not really something that can be "fixed" unless you can tell us exactly where/when it happens to you, then there might be a solution.
So what can I do ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So what can I do ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/turning-off-sleep-mode-on-most-usb-hdds-in-windows.341024/
You can try this guide.
The Wii is 10 years old so I don’t remember... I use usb loader gx on a 4.2 Wii version and the games are stored on a 320gb HDD
Is the HDD WBFS formatted or FAT32? FAT32 is recommended (use Wii Backup Manager to transfer games to it) and WBFS will corrupt games in certain circumstances.
If it's WBFS, you can easily convert it using https://gbatemp.net/threads/wbfs2fat-py.291320/

Do the games always crash at the same point or is it random?
If it's random, it's likely to be a sleep issue. If it happens at the same point, it's likely to be a corrupted game dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.