Hacking Wii iso to .wbfs help please !

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a 1tb hard drive with all my wii games

i am thinking of converting them all to .wbfs files with wii back up manager to create more room

question 1

if i do that i can always covert back to .iso (to burn to a disc for a burnt games) correct ?

if i convert back to .iso will it be original .iso i remember back in the day there was something about wii that had like 4.3 firmware that wouldnt play truncate .iso or .iso that were brick blocked or anything . is that true (or does something know what i mean ) ?

if that is true when converting .wbfs back to .iso will it be a 1:1 copy .iso again or will have it be altered (truncate) meaning i couldt play that burnt game on a 4.3 wii ??

my fear is that if i convert to .wbfs then i need to create a back up disc for a friend that when i convert back to .iso it will not work on his 4.3 wii

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes, you can always turn .wbfs back into .iso.
2. Yes, as far as I know, converting a .wbfs back into an ISO produces a 1:1 of the original dump.

However, just use WiiScrubber to trim all the the ISO's. You get USB Loader and Dolphin compatibility, and you save a few MB for each game vs. WBFS files.
If some are already in WBFS format, convert them back and trim them. I have done this myself, so I know it works.

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank for some of the info

but i dont want to alter anything meaning trim or anything

so if i convert all my 1:1 .iso to .wbfs to store then then when i need to convert them back they will once again be 1:1 .iso meaning no alternation

and u didnt answer the part about 4.3 wii playing truncate games is that true ?? i rmebeer something like that back in the day

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
converting a .wbfs file to an .iso does NOT create a 1:1. Usually the update partition is removed, and the extra garbage data is removed. Other than that it is a fully functional .iso file and can be played as a burned disc on 4.3 as long as you have a modchip or darkcorp installed and a dvd drive that can play burned games. But on 4.3 there are region restrictions that can be overcome by priiloader hacks.

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay so really i dont need a 1:1 copy for anything then correct ??

i was only really concerened about a 1:1 copy becuase of what i remeber reading back in the day about 4.3 wii not being able to play any brick blocked game ect.. but if that is infact false then i guess i dont really need 1:1

also u say the update partition is removed BUT i just used wii update manager and say was an update then i converted the file to .wbfs with wii back up manager then i converted the .wbfs file back to .iso and ran threw wii update manager and the update was still there all same info as when i ran the 1:1 .iso

so.. ??? do you mean something else or are u wrong ?? just asking trying to learn dont mean to be rude or anything

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
also u say the update partition is removed
Usually the update partition is removed
I have no clue about this Wii Update Manager that you speak of. But most of the time when a game is converted to .wbfs the update partition is removed, but not always. It depends on the app that the person uses for the conversion and what settings they choose.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have no idea what "not being able to play any brick blocked game" is supposed to be, so...I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it's just bollocks.

WBM has an option to remove the update partition. It can save a bit of disc space...games work equally well with as without them (and I know, as I've removed all my update partitions some months back).

I haven't seen a single case where a wii 1:1 copy was better than the shrunken counterpart (unlike the Gamecube, I might add). I may be wrong...but I doubt it.

duboisbrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you for all your help u guys this site rocks

so im off to convert all my .iso file to .wbfs so creat more room

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1