Wii Internet and shopping channel ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Djammer, Aug 15, 2010.

Aug 15, 2010
  1. Djammer
    OP

Djammer Newbie

I am a wii newbie, so bare with me.... running 4.2U and I will want to softmod my system!

After I setup my internet connection, the wii allowed me to get the weather channel, and news channels online no problem. However, when I tried the internet channel and wii shop channel, I got this message that there is an update and I would need the SYSTEM UPDATED to continue.

What work arounds are there? for the online content?

cheers and thanks for the help

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    if you want to run any homebrew, do it before you update higher then 4.2. it will be easier.
    read the stickies and gather as much information as you can before doing stuff to your wii that might kill it.
    measure twice, cut once

3. Djammer
    OP

Djammer Newbie

I have been reading lots, but I am not sure...from what I have read is there a workaround or hack that will enable wii shop or to SURF the Internet to work without updating to 4.3?

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    yes, there are several different ways to do this. some of them more invasive than others. im not going to suggest which one of them you should use, that is up to you to decide. there are pros and cons to each of the different methods, thats the whole reason people tell you to read up before you do stuff.

heres some that come to mind
    1)install the latest shop channel & internet channel yourself from wads
    2)" " " " " " " " DopMii
    3)priiloader
    4)startpatch
    5)just update to 4.3. is there something about 4.2 you like better than 4.3?

5. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    You can surf the internet with every firmware, you don't need to update. And to the shopping channel, there are many ways to update the wii shop channel, the savest is DOP-Mii. But at first you must softmod your wii before you can safe update your shopping channel.
    @giantpune: remove this with the 4.3 update, thats the worst way and will kill the ability to softmod the wii. [​IMG]