Hacking Wii Homebrew Channel Help!

dvsbill012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently downloaded the Wii Homebrew Channel .iso from a site and I downloaded it fine and burnt the iso. But everytime I put in my wii it comes up as "Cannot Read Disc" I have tried 4 different times and it does not work. Pleas help!

Hellmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it shouldn't matter, because an ISO is an ISO -- the same disc image on whatever OS. My suggestion is to re-burn the ISO on another disc and burn it at the slowest possible speed.

But on another note, if you don't have a mod chip (drive chip) it's never going to work. So I hope you're sure you have that mod chip...

wii_freak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a D2CKey on a jap wii by any chance? There is a prob with it working on this setup....

I wasted 2 ritek G05 dvds burning (at 2x/4x) the same iso of HBC b7 & they both don't work so I gave up on that. So I then went to the trouble of making my own trucha disc using a game iso & replaced the boot.dol on the first partition with the HBC boot.dol I ripped/extracted from bushings disc. Burned, booted up & installed fine! Updated to b8 fine through wifi too!

Hope that helps.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
The question still stands, do you have your Wii chipped? Can you play backup games?

If not then the only way to install the homebrew channel is via the twilight hack.

dvsbill012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi yes I do have it chipped. I have lots of back ups of games that work perfectly and I have burnt them all the same way. As for the twilight hack method, I do not have the game and can't get it at the moment.

memorris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
looks like you have one option to me you have to make a trucha disc like
wii_freak said
trucha disc using a game iso & replaced the boot.dol on the first partition with the HBC boot.dol

google is you friend.

dvsbill012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my friends copy of the homebrew channel on DVD. We put it in his wii and it worked fine but on mine it came up with the error. Could it be my chip?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Does it really matter. As said, if you have it chipped, all you need to do is legally acquire Zelda Twilight. ( *cough*torrents*cough* )

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
What's your firmware version?

EDIT: LATE BY SECOND
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1