Hacking Wii HDD manager program

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
JuggaletteENJ said:
Not a huge fan of WBFS MGR...used another one before...any suggestions? I can't think of the name of the one I used
I'm begging You. Switch to wbfs files over fat32.

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mike, been a while since I have done anything with the wii (update wise) what is the benifit of switching? How do I go about it...dont want to lose my games.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use mod mii (in the stickies). tell the program your wii is a virgin, it will download everything you need. real easy. then open copy- to-sd, an that's what you do.. follow all directions. it will give you a guide to follow. also copy all your games on the hdd over to computer, an reformat the hdd to a fat32 32k.. mod mii also has a program that will do that for you to. it can handle up to 1tb -2tb hdd.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
JuggaletteENJ said:
mike, been a while since I have done anything with the wii (update wise) what is the benifit of switching? How do I go about it...dont want to lose my games.
- You can manage your games under windows/linux/mac using any file system tools, guis, etc.
- You can share hdd space with homebrew, other data, or just use it for backup of important stuff from desktop
- create backup of any game or transferring it to friend hdd is plain simple
- there was very nasty issue involved usb loader gx - games on wbfs filesystem were trashed so beware if you want to stay with current setup

How? There is 'extract_wbfs_all' option under 'wbfs_file' utility.
So one command will convert/transfer all your games to other hdd. Yes, You need some space to do it.
After that You can use 'wit verify' to validate new content.
If everything is ok You can kill hdd by reformatting it to fat32.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a great Tutorial about converting your HDD from wbfs to FAT that you should really check out.

Other then that, everything it's been said and told.
I used to mabage my games with WBFS manger, but now I switched to Wii Backup Manager as well, it allows you to download images, and open two drives at the same time.
I actually used it 2 days ago to transfer all of my games from a WD 130 GB HDD in WBFS to a WD 1.5TB HDD in NTFS, without the need to convert them myself or the use of any external application.
It worked like a charm.
I also like the fact that you can rename games and choose what kind of rules to follow when renaming. Very useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock