Wii Games of the Month: November 2010

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Guild McCommunist, Oct 28, 2010.

Oct 28, 2010
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    If I missed a game you really want coverage on then simply send your write up to me (via PM). If it's good enough and follows proper formatting I'll add it here with credit to you! Check the "Other Releases" section at the bottom and see the bolded games to see what games I would want write ups for but am not all too qualified to do myself

Hey, it's another month for the Wii that has big game releases. It seems a lot like October and December...

You can read the DS version of this thread right here

Hadrian is also back on the horse with his Wii Releases threads. I suggest you check it out over here, it's pretty awesome.

Some rules and stuff.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

007 Goldeneye

Developed by: Eurocom
    Published by: Activision
    Release date: November 2nd (North America), November 3rd (Australia), November 5th (Europe)
    Genre: FPS
    My Hype Level: It's Bond so I have to give it an obligatory try
    GBAtemp Hype Level: OMG GOLDENEYE

[​IMG]

I really don't know. All signs point to this just being a cash-in on Goldeneye's long since lost fame. I mean it does look like it has a pretty decent multiplayer suite though so that may be worth it, but still it doesn't look spectacular. I'd rather have gone the way of Perfect Dark XBLA with this one but that isn't gonna happen.
    [/p]

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Developed by: Retro Studios
    Published by: Nintendo
    Release date: November 21st (North America)
    Genre: Platformer
    My Hype Level: Honestly... Meh.
    GBAtemp Hype Level: OMG DONKEY KONG COUNTRY

[​IMG]

Really, I don't like Donkey Kong Country. It just seems so boring for a platformer. I really don't find it all that fun. It's good that they're reviving it I guess through this here, but I still don't think it'll blow me away. Maybe I'm just Captain Apathy nowadays (I didn't find Kirby's Epic Yarn to be too mindblowing either), but I really don't have much hype for this one personally.
    [/p]

Sonic Colors

Developed by: Dimps
    Published by: Sega
    Release date: November 11th (Australia), 11/12 (Europe), Novemeber 16th (North America), November 18th (Japan)
    Genre: Platformer
    My Hype Level: I guess I'll try it but I'm not optimistic
    GBAtemp Hype Level: IT'S SONIC

[​IMG]

The Four Steps of Being a Desperate Sonic Fan.

1. Sonic game is announced. Fan thinks maybe it'll finally live up to the series greatness it once had.
    2. Trailers and info comes out more and more. Some are divided on thinking it's awesome, others are not.
    3. Game comes out. Fan downloads/buys it and salivates as it starts up.
    4. Game is played. It's either A) Press Right and Jump, B) Fucking werewolves? or C) Crappy gimmicks.
    5. Fan is disappointed as game is not as good as Sonic 1, 2, or 3. Waits for next Sonic game.
    6. Rinse and repeat.
    [/p]

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Developed by: Treyarch
    Published by: Activision
    Release date: November 9th (North America, Europe)
    Genre: FPS
    My Hype Level: Meh, I'll try it
    GBAtemp Hype Level: CALL OF DUTY SUXXXXX

[​IMG]

Well, the previous Wii CoD games weren't that bad. As far as multiplayer goes they had one of the better online set-ups and didn't sacrifice too much for the system limitations. They seem to only improve as they go on. Just one thing...

Zombies or gtfo.
    [/p]

Create

Developed by: EA Bright Light
    Published by: EA Games
    Release date: November 11th (Australia), November 16th (North America), November 19th (Europe)
    Genre: Sandbox
    My Hype Level: I don't even know
    GBAtemp Hype Level: Probably forgotten

[​IMG]

Meh, I really don't know if this is a legitimate effort to make a good sandbox game or if it's just trying to capitalize on the success of family friendly "creation games" like LittleBigPlanet. It may work or it may not, I still haven't seen enough of it to make heads or tails though.
    [/p]

FlingSmash

Developed by: Artoon
    Published by: Nintendo
    Release date: November 23rd (North America), November 25th (Australia), November 26th (Europe)
    Genre: Action
    My Hype Level: The Nintendo game everyone forgot
    GBAtemp Hype Level: Huh?

[​IMG]

The Nintendo game that probably everyone forgot in hindsight of DKCR, Kirby, etc. But it shouldn't be underestimated, this doesn't look too bad. It seems to look like one of the better WM+ games and it's also the first one to be bundled with the WR+. Definitely worth a look and expect that Nintendo polish on it.
    [/p]

Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time

Developed by: Ubisoft Paris
    Published by: Ubisoft
    Release date: November 21st (North America), November 25th (Australia), November 26th (Europe)
    Genre: Party
    My Hype Level: Fuck this I want a Rabbids Go Home sequel
    GBAtemp Hype Level: Ugh

[​IMG]

Ugh, why do they insist on making these average quality party games. Rabbids Go Home was awesome. I mean, why not make more of that? It was just so much fun. Much more fun than these games. I say just stop buying these party games and spend your money on Rabbids Go Home.
    [/p]

Epic Mickey

Developed by: Junction Point Studios
    Published by: Disney Interactive Studios
    Release date: November 25th (Australia), November 26th (Europe), November 30th (North America)
    Genre: Action Platformer
    My Hype Level: DO FUCKING WANT
    GBAtemp Hype Level: Looks good.

[​IMG]

Probably the game I've been wanting most lately, this just looks like the good Mickey game we've wanted. It has excellent license use, good ideas, and some of our favorite characters. Even if it isn't as good as I think it is I'm sure it'll be a fun time at least. Definitely worth looking into.
    [/p]

Worms: Battle Islands

Developed by: Team17 Software
    Published by: Team17 Software
    Release date: November 23rd (North America)
    Genre: Strategy
    My Hype Level: Looks interesting
    GBAtemp Hype Level: Same

Appropriately sized boxart much appreciated.

Worms games lately have been hit and miss. Some are just as good as the old days and others are just mediocre. This seems to be much like the older games (although I for one thought Worms 3D was actually kinda fun) so it should please fans of the series... Hopefully. Just because it feels like the older games doesn't mean it's as good as them.
    [/p]

Other titles

- PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure: 11/1 (North America)
    - Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2011: 11/2 (North America)
    - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011: 11/8 (Australia), 11/16 (North America)
    - Just Dance Kids: 11/9 (North America)
    - Tom Clancy's HAWX 2: 11/9 (North America), 11/11 (Australia), 11/12 (Europe)
    - uDraw Studio: 11/14 (North America)
    - Pac-Man Party: 11/16 (North America)
    - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: 11/16 (North America), 11/19 (Europe)
    - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit: 11/16 (North America), 11/18 (Australia)

Overall Summary

Again, heavy hitters. Big titles like Goldeneye and Donkey Kong headline and will probably get the most attention. But there's still other big games like Black Ops, Sonic Colors, and Epic Mickey. There's also the under-the-radar Nintendo game FlingSmash, the trashy party game we needed, Raving Rabbids Travel in Time, and a hit and miss in Create.

Next month seems pretty desolate. Out of the North America release of Super Mario All-Stars (yeah, it's happening, post the news!), there's not much.

Have a nice November!

2. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Decent month. Maybe Goldeneye, but I'll wait until the holidays for everything else.

3. Revolution [9]

Member Revolution [9] GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm so psyched for Epic Mickey and Call of Duty: Black Ops. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex was surprisingly good for a Wii FPS so I expect Black Ops to be much better. Hopefully it won't be as overhyped and disappointing as The Conduit. -expects some flaming-

4. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
  5. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    I am looking forward to Black Ops, Sonic, Goldeneye, FlingSmash and Donkey Kong.

6. Puppy_Washer

Member Puppy_Washer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I'm loooking forward to Donkey Kong, Sims 3, and Goldeneye. [​IMG]

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
  8. P.S

Newcomer P.S Advanced Member

Sweden
    Best month ever, its about time wii gets some playable games.

9. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Wow... November is an epic month for the Wii. It's kinda too bad for the most part my Wii runs second fiddle to my Xbox 360.

10. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    I very much want Goldeneye and Epic Mickey to be good games. Goldeneye Wii keeps waving around the Goldeneye name like it's the only thing it needs to be good. Epic Mickey is still mostly shrouded in mystery, and we really haven't seen much gameplay. These games will either be great, or fall into the abyss of "Meh" forever.

Bonus!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

11. Silent Storm

Member Silent Storm GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Donkey Kong, Golden Eye, Sonic Colors, Black Ops.

My body is ready, Nintendo.

12. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Wow, just like the DS this month looks great:

Goldeneye: The game looks great and I`m honestly very thankful, that they brought split-screen-mp back!

Donkey Kong Country Returns: From what I`ve seen and heard thus far it looks like this will be a worthy successor. There are said to be lots of collectibles, which I love in sidescrolling games. Nice job Retro!

Sonic Colors: Since I loved the daytime-stages of unleashed I think I will like this game as well. Looks very well made and lengthier then I thought (60+ stages as far as I heard).

Call of Duty: Black Ops: I`m not sure about this one, since there is no footage of the Wii-version. I really hate to play this with dual-sticks so I will either try the Wii or the PC-version but I think ultimately it will be the Wii-version, since I kinda like the control-setup!

FlingSmash: This game was on my radar for a very long time. I think it looks great. It seems to have a variety of gameplay-styles from what I`ve seen in the latest videos.

Epic Mickey: My most wanted. This looks like an adventuring-game that haven`t been made for a long time. A very suitable name... EPIC!

13. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    And I want Rayman back.

14. demitrius

Member demitrius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why does this loser keep putting his hype level and saying everything is Meh? Really?

15. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Because I'm an apathetic piece of shit.

Meh.

Also, I usually add Hadrian's Wii games thread as a link to mine so you can check out both. We have differing views and formats, we might as well let people see both. So I'll add the link.

16. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    everybody has is entitled to their point of view and each persons taste for games are different I enjoy this thread and the other dudes ones too

17. King Zargo

Member King Zargo I'm a Star

Netherlands
    007 Goldeneye, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Sonic Colors, Call of Duty: Black Ops, FlingSmash, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 and Epic Mickey.

This month will be awesome.

Is that sarcasm? There is a Call of Duty clan here on GBATemp.

18. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Every decently large forum does. Fact is that a majority of GBAtempers find CoD "bad" or in the "sucks dick" category.

19. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    My Internet isn't to fast enough to download all of these nice games [​IMG]

20. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    You're forgetting the hottest game of the month!

e: lol bb code.