Gaming Wii Games of the Month: February 2010

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Data East games? Wow
blink.gif
takes me back to the 80's when companies like US Gold, Ocean Software were still around.

Shows my age
frown.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Meh, this month is gonna be horrible for nintendo, there is no games in that list that are even worth a look at.

Well, Zangeki looks VERY promising, outside of it being Japanese-only (meaning no English). I mean, it's a mature, bloody ARPG game with tons of customization, over 300 weapons, and four player online co-op. And it's produced by Nintendo and made by Sandlot (who made the relatively successful Earth Defense Force games). It's really quite awesome looking.

QUOTE(Fission @ Jan 31 2010, 01:17 AM) Data East games? Wow
blink.gif
takes me back to the 80's when companies like US Gold, Ocean Software were still around.

Shows my age
frown.gif

Old fart
tongue.gif

Would any of those Data East games be good by any chance?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Meh, this month is gonna be horrible for nintendo, there is no games in that list that are even worth a look at.

Well, Zangeki looks VERY promising, outside of it being Japanese-only (meaning no English). I mean, it's a mature, bloody ARPG game with tons of customization, over 300 weapons, and four player online co-op. And it's produced by Nintendo and made by Sandlot (who made the relatively successful Earth Defense Force games). It's really quite awesome looking.

QUOTE(Fission @ Jan 31 2010, 01:17 AM) Data East games? Wow
blink.gif

Shows my age
frown.gif

Old fart
tongue.gif

Would any of those Data East games be good by any chance?

BurgerTime
Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja
Burnin' Rubber (Bump n' Jump)
Caveman Ninja
Crude Buster
Express Raider
Heavy Barrel
Lock ‘n' Chase
Magical Drop III
Peter Pepper's Ice Cream Factory
Secret Agent
Side Pocket
Street Hoop
Super Real Darwin
Wizard Fire

3 on the list I can remember, the rest are too old school.

Caveman Ninja (Joe and Mac) was quite cool.
Bad Dudes (played that on the NES and Spectrum). Was terrible on both.
Burgertime (another port which I played on the C64). Is Arcade - was fun at the time.

Best thing to do is try the roms if they exist.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully a language patched version will come out for the first one. Endless Ocean 2 might be cool, and yeah the dude on the first one was walking around with a butt plug in his ass D:

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sterl500 said:
I am going to shit myself when Endless Ocean: Blue Ocean comes out. I loved the first one, and if they upgraded the engine of the first one... This will be a beautiful game.
biggrin.gif

I don't think I'll do that, but I'm with you in being excited for the game. I loved the first one and this one looks fantastic!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uberbdon said:
Hopefully a language patched version will come out for the first one. Endless Ocean 2 might be cool, and yeah the dude on the first one was walking around with a butt plug in his ass D:

?????

As for the translation patch, I can now say "Who knows?" I thought Wii translations were pretty much non-existent outside of Monster Hunter Tri, but now that there's that Fatal Frame 4 translation, who knows? Although I think Captain Rainbow would come first, but this can gather a lot of attention.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Sterl500 said:
Satangel said:
Sterl500 said:
I am going to shit myself when Endless Ocean: Blue Ocean comes out. I loved the first one, and if they upgraded the engine of the first one... This will be a beautiful game.
biggrin.gif

wacko.gif

Anyway, nothing for me this month, except maybe that first title, but as you mentioned, the language barrier is going to be too hard
frown.gif

Hopefully we see it announced for US/EU soon, although I too doubt it....
What's wrong with liking Endless Ocean? It is one of the best looking 3D simulation games for the Wii. The new one has more RPG elements than the first one, so it should be all the fun of the first one and more.
tongue.gif

The fact that you are going to shit yourself over a game.
That's wrong.
Lol, it's just a figure of speech. XD

EDIT: I just looked on game fags, and it looks like a legit copy of Endless Ocean Blue World will be bundled with Wii Speak! OMG!
biggrin.gif

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Monkey ball, Data East Arcade Classics (Damn Burger time and Chase'n in this game! some old school game i had on intellivision!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: