Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following on from the July one I did a while back I thought I'd do an August one. Dates may change of course but Wii titles are more likely to come out on their release dates than DS titles do.

August 2nd

Forever Blue Japan Water Adventure Game

To be released elsewhere as Endless Ocean in October. Go to the ocean and use the Wiimote to perform a variety of diving maneuvers. Then use your Wi-Fi connection to meet up with your friends and swim under wanter together. Endless Ocean challenges gamers to explore a vast underwater region, scuba-diving through locales and interacting with aquatic life. Players will also be able to snap photos in a two player co-operative online mode.

More Screens

ME0000851385_2.jpg
ME0000851388_2.jpg

Shin Chuuka Taisen: Michael to Meimei no Bouken Japan Arcade Shoot-em-up

An update of an 80's horizontal shooter which translates into Cloud Master which was originally to be a PS2 title.

More Screens

h-104_71943_tyuka18.jpg.jpg
h-104_71943_tyuka04.jpg.jpg

August 7th

Boogie US Dancing Game

EA's latest IP which is a dancing game, expect a yearly update if this is successful. At the moment its Wii exclusive but expect inferior ports onto the other consoles.

Screens

August 14th

Madden NFL 2008 US/Europe American Football or Rugby for pre-teen girls (sorry just had to joke)

This years update includes Family Play, Party Mode, play trivia or chose from 22 different mini-games, all-new Madden NFL 08 telestrator and online.

More Screens

madden-nfl-07-20060928060733121.jpg

August 21st

Dave Mirra BMX Challenge US BMX Simulator

A port of the PSP version which many say is THE WORST PSP GAME...EVER! Which is really saying something. The Wii version will have split screen multiplayer, slightly improved graphics and Wii controls.

More Screens

dave-mirra-bmx-challenge--20070712102052634.jpg

August 23rd

Nomiso Kone Kone Puzzle Takoron Japan Puzzle

ME0000725912_2.jpg

August 27th

Carnival Games US Mini Games

A budget title that features an absolute ton of mini games, if you like that sort of thing.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption US First Person Adventure

Oh yes its finally here! Nintendo's proof that the Wii can do FPS controls really well. Its the final game in the Prime trilogy and is quite a looker. So much time has been spent on this game and according to anyone who played the latest version...its amazing! Bound to be a classic. Out in October for us Euro gamers.

More Screens

metroid-prime-3-corruption-20070711103441118.jpg

August 28th

Cosmic Family
US Edutainment puzzle

WTF? Players will have a chance to interact with the Cosmic Family, where they will meet Mom and Dad Cosmic, Big Sister, the two small children, the aloof dog, the lazy cat, and plenty of colorful monsters. With 15 early-learning mini-games found throughout the five floors of the rocket-house, families can pilot a rocket into space, discover what the stars are hiding, create and color whimsical images, customize rooms, brush a monster’s teeth, play dress-up with various characters, nurture plants from seeds and more.

cosmic-family-20070523021135486-000.jpg

Space Station Tycoon US Economic Simulation

Space Station Tycoon follows the adventures of Shawn and his high-strung monkey sidekick Tam through pirate infested space, meteor fields, supernovas, and bizarre characters as they seek out fame and fortune. Available with multi-player party mode, co-op play, and more, Space Station Tycoon is a fast paced, tycoon simulation game complete with humor, light puzzle solving, and customization in a free form, non-linear world.

Screens

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 US Golf Sim

Another update of this game, hopefully the Wii version would be better than last years. No Wii specific shots so far just a trailer for the other versions.

August 31st

Impossible Mission Europe Action

Can't seem to get any screens for this but expect it to be identicle to the recent DS version. This was said to be the first none VC title to buy from the Wii Shop but so far no details have emerged.

Other releases that have been release in English elsewhere.
August 2nd JAPAN
Remy no Oishii Restaurant Or Ratatouille to us.
Harry Potter to Fushichou no Kishidan Which is basically the latest Harry Potter game.

August 3rd EUROPE
Surf's Up

August 10th
EUROPE
Trauma Centre: Second Opinion FINALLY!!

August 20th
US
Mercury Meltdown Revolution

August 31st
EUROPE
Madden NFL '08
Boogie
Tamagotchi Party On!
Tiger Woods '08

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for MP3C. I playing MP2E atm for the first time and hoping I'll finish it up before MP3C's release.

[minirant]
Although the bits where you grab a handle and turn it with your left hand seems a little unnecessary to me. It just seems like the developers added because they could.
If it were an ability required to access areas of the game, I would understand (like requiring the grapple beam to yank down certain doors). But I can't imagine losing the ability to turn a handle at the beginning of the game and then having to get it back after fighting a boss.
[/minirant]

Otherwise, the game looks awesome. I was noticing all kinds of little details in the video that looks a lot better, like the smoke trails on Samus's missles. This is definitely going to be one game that I buy rather than copy.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah for me Metroid is like Zelda and proper Mario games, never needed to pirate them I just waited until they appeared in the shops either here or in US. I did try Zelda DS but thats just because I needed to know how it played seeing the control was changed massively.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[minirant]
Although the bits where you grab a handle and turn it with your left hand seems a little unnecessary to me. It just seems like the developers added because they could.
If it were an ability required to access areas of the game, I would understand (like requiring the grapple beam to yank down certain doors). But I can't imagine losing the ability to turn a handle at the beginning of the game and then having to get it back after fighting a boss.
[/minirant]
Seems like it adds more to the FP/interactivity aspect. From what I've read, it works well. Although it is unnecessary, it seems like it would go well with time based puzzles/scenarios.

MP3 seems like an obvious winner for its month. Only one more month till the release! Can't wait!(especially with people saying the controls surpass any other FP console game) Forever Blue looks great. Seems like it could be fun with multiplayer, too.

ImperialX

Trophies
XP
Country
This is off-topic: What do you guys think of Halo 3? Do you think it is a massive threat to the Wii? I mean it can't be that much better than Metroid Prime 3, right?

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
This is off-topic: What do you guys think of Halo 3? Do you think it is a massive threat to the Wii? I mean it can't be that much better than Metroid Prime 3, right?

From what I played, it's nothing new. I love Halo and bought the beta when it was bundled with that shovelware piece of shit GTA rip-off, but they better up the ante and make it a good co-op experience... co-op play in Resistance was more fun than Halo 2's, so halo 3 is gonna have some good competition!

Metroid Prime is not my cup of tea -at all-, so I can't vouch for it. But my girlfriend is gonna make me buy it anyway
wink.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I don't think it would shift many more 360 consoles, I'm sure that most people who want it have a 360. From the demo I can't say I'm that impressed I'd rather have the likes of Bioshock, Haze and Crysis. I think the next 5 big Nintendo titles will whipe the floor with them.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
halo3 got completely eclipsed by Metroid to me, seriously, I was pretty psyched for halo3, but now, just cancel it, I don't care about it at all.

bring on Metroid Prime 3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-