Gaming wii games are boring thats why people brick it!

stingray1059

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i always read the wii section of gbatemp everyday and i noticed that almost everyday there are incidents of wii bricks.

why is that? this is ther reasons.
1. i accidentally upgraded to 4.2
2. i downgraded from 4.1 to 3.2
3. i uninstalled a wad
4. i formatted my wii
5. i tried this new app
6. i wanted to change my system language.

well can people stop messing up with their wiis and just do what it is intended for? TO PLAY GAMES!
or people just got bored with their games thats why they want to experiment on the console itself.

can someone brick their by just playing games even using usb loaders?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I disagree. There is one reason that people brick their Wii's

THEY DON'T READ THE TUTORIAL TWICE BEFORE ATTEMPTING A MOD.

It's a cardinal rule. The tutorials have been tested and proven but the user does something stupid. People attempt to do mods, but get bored halfway through reading the instructions and try winging their way through it.

Also, if they were to read through the 100's of 'Shit! I've bricked my Wii' threads, they would probably see what NOT to do

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stingray1059 said:
i always read the wii section of gbatemp everyday and i noticed that almost everyday there are incidents of wii bricks.

why is that? this is ther reasons.
1. i accidentally upgraded to 4.2
2. i downgraded from 4.1 to 3.2
3. i uninstalled a wad
4. i formatted my wii
5. i tried this new app
6. i wanted to change my system language.

well can people stop messing up with their wiis and just do what it is intended for? TO PLAY GAMES!
or people just got bored with their games thats why they want to experiment on the console itself.

can someone brick their by just playing games even using usb loaders?
i see that you are a misguided individual.

people hacking their wii's are not bored with playing wii games...they are hacking their wii's so that they could play more games. and not only that! they hack it to increase the capability of their wii...and wii owners who successfully setup homebrew now experience the wii not only as a gaming console but a multimedia console.

that's why gbatemp people gamble our chances to softmod our wii's.

all homebrew software even, corporate ones, are all subjected to updates...that is why continuous modifications or updates should also be done on the wii...therefore, we had to stop playing for a while and do updates, but this doesn't mean we are bored of playing games on it.

the guys' statement are very much correct indeed: people who brick are those people who could not follow instructions carefully and doesn't even bother to read further info.

conclusion...i do not agree with you at all that games on the wii are boring that's why people brick it.
wink.gif

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
actually there may very well be brick testers... peeps who specifically brick wiis so as to test brick protection functions with certain aps as well as brick recovery... i mean all the bootmii preloader etc had to be figured out somehow so ....

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Kuragari Ryo said:
No one just wakes up in the morning and says, "Lol, I feel like bricking my console 'cause I'm bored."
I believe OP was asking how those Wiis got bricked, i.e. can you brick a Wii merely by playing backups, or do you have to do weird untested homebrew / hardmodding experiments in order to brick it. And if it was the latter, how come that many people would experiment with their Wii. Are they bored with the "regular" content?

However, it's the former. You can brick your Wii by playing backups.

stingray1059

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
I believe OP was asking how those Wiis got bricked, i.e. can you brick a Wii merely by playing backups, or do you have to do weird untested homebrew / hardmodding experiments in order to brick it. And if it was the latter, how come that many people would experiment with their Wii. Are they bored with the "regular" content?

yup, that's what im trying say. can wii owners or kids stop experimenting on their wii after they successfully mod it? that way bricks can be prevented.

by the way , why do they use the word "ACCIDENTALLY" so many times? try to search for wii bricks here in gbatemp, they always say they ACCIDENTALLY deleted this wad or ACCIDENTALLY erased the system menu.

they also want to brick the wii of their friends. example " my friends wii got bricked when i blah blah" "my uncle's wii went kaput when i formatted....."
wierd isnt it?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stingray1059 said:
Veho said:

yup, that's what im trying say. can wii owners or kids stop experimenting on their wii after they successfully mod it? that way bricks can be prevented.

by the way , why do they use the word "ACCIDENTALLY" so many times? try to search for wii bricks here in gbatemp, they always say they ACCIDENTALLY deleted this wad or ACCIDENTALLY erased the system menu.

they also want to brick the wii of their friends. example " my friends wii got bricked when i blah blah" "my uncle's wii went kaput when i formatted....."
wierd isnt it?
they use accidentally because they "thought of something" or they "thought what they were doing was right" well in fact it was not. accidentally because they do not know how to follow tuts accordingly...

btw, why are so concerned about other people's wii...they bought it...its their own prerogative what to do with it. if you don't want to hack or experiment on your wii then it your own prerogative. we want to hack our wii to learn more and because it interest us aside from playing games...and the most important thing...its our wii.
smile.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you actually have to do something that doesn't make sense to brick your wii. i don't understand how it could happen unless you experiment with something new. its really not rocket science, just a basic understanding of how the wii works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1