Hacking Wii + gamecube in 2019 (update my system)

tostaky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi !

I have moded my wii many years ago and havent touch it for a long time. Now I kind of want to get back to it a bit. I've always use an hdd ntfs with wbfs files on it. I load them with GX loader. It works but maybe I can find a more modern way to do it. I would allow like to put Gamecube games and small games from the eshop on the same drive.

What is the more recent/nice/ efficient way to go now ?

Thanks

Last edited by tostaky,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As for updating your loaders and (C)IOS, if you have a Windows PC handy you can use Modmii, and either mod your console from scratch or feed it a syscheck which will make it tell you what exactly should be changed

For GC backups, you can only run them from a FAT32 drive (USB or SD) (and the same is true of most homebrew using storage that aren't Wii usb loaders); the program to use is Nintendont, which can be used standalone or integrated with a Wii usb loader

tostaky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will need a bit of help here I think !

I got the pc so :
1) modmii....and then ?
2) ''feed it a syscheck'' ?

Thanks in advance !

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got the pc so :
1) modmii....and then ?
2) ''feed it a syscheck'' ?
Syscheck (HDE) is a Wii homebrew that makes a list of installed IOSes, from which a human (or ModMii) can deduce a list of suggestions

The alternative is just updating your console the official way, and modding it from scratch (the HBC will stay installed if it's recent enough, so just install modern CIOS and add other homebrews to the SD)

Modmii will help you do either of those

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As for updating your loaders and (C)IOS, if you have a Windows PC handy you can use Modmii, and either mod your console from scratch or feed it a syscheck which will make it tell you what exactly should be changed
Sometimes NINTENDONT says that my virtual memory card Is corrupted , now :
I use only the memory card format recommended from NINTENDONT itself , so what should i do to prevent that error from happening ?

For GC backups, you can only run them from a FAT32 drive (USB or SD) (and the same is true of most homebrew using storage that aren't Wii usb loaders); the program to use is Nintendont, which can be used standalone or integrated with a Wii usb loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i'm gonna start saying uninvoluntary to piss my dad off lmfao