Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

As said by cambric:
"Drive Size:", "Used Space:" and "Space Rermaining:" which remain in english."

But I also noticed that "Select all titles not in list B" is untranslated when right clicking on some file list.

I totally agree with Royusmc you should add some option to recognize game named:
New Super Mario Bros Wii [SMNP01]/New Super Mario Bros Wii [SMNP01].wbfs
instead of:
SMNP01_New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii/SMNP01.wbfs

And add some option to save folder and file this way.

For exemple Preference choice:
-Game Title [GameID] without underscore
-Game Title_[GameID] with underscore
-[GameID] Game Title without underscore
-[GameID] Game Title with underscore
-[GameID] only
etc. (I don't know what type works)

And the same preference option for folder.

And of course we'll be able to save those setting inside settings.ini file.

And why not being able to rename (and move inside folder) old wbfs files (without splitting game again, just rename or move no renamed folder).

Some French guy shyrokie created some installer for 1.5.0.1 (using Install Creator) available here:
http://www.play-host.net/files/1265368770.zip
He will probably work on some English version.

He also add some trouble selecting WBFS formated drive:
1265408940-bug.jpg

argument length etc. then he must click 5 or 6 times before using and then it works but it's annoying.

I'll ask him if it's solved with 1.5.0.2 version.

caraloca

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When using wbsf iwe can only add 500 games to any hard drive , can i put more games using this , or the limitation is because of the loader and not the program ?.
Thanks

Bludog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had a problem with Symantec removing the Game Manager.exe? When I launch Wii GameManager.exe (1.5.0.1). I get a SONAR alert from Symantec and it removes it stating that the program was acting supicious. I don't want to f up my computer.
blink.gif

Thanks for any feedback.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bludog said:
Has anyone had a problem with Symantec removing the Game Manager.exe? When I launch Wii GameManager.exe (1.5.0.1). I get a SONAR alert from Symantec and it removes it stating that the program was acting supicious. I don't want to f up my computer.
blink.gif

Thanks for any feedback.

I don't get a warning from my Symantec corporate edition, but if you do it's probably because it extracts the wbfs_file.exe file from inside itself whenever you install it. That's something that antivirus programs are programmed to look for as "suspicious activity".

You won't screw up your computer, this program is minimally invasive. I think it could even be written that if there's a settings.ini file present it does nothing to the registry and doesn't extract wbfs_file.exe so that it is completely passive. That would probably make it not give you any alerts.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have files in directories and some that are not when i select the wbfs folder now it only shows files not in directories. ????

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
I have files in directories and some that are not when i select the wbfs folder now it only shows files not in directories. ????

Check the options for recurse subdirectories

Ed

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry about that, glad to see hitting a letter brings you to that part of the list..
happy.gif

Are you going to add the ability to detect items not in a directory and put them into one?

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
Oh sorry about that, glad to see hitting a letter brings you to that part of the list..
happy.gif

Are you going to add the ability to detect items not in a directory and put them into one?

I will be adding stuff to the program as time permits, however I need to focus on work more at the moment.
Ed

WiiNero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Little Bug since 1.5:

If you don't have WGM used/installed before using 1.5, the themes are not shown in the theme menu. I think its because the setting.cfg location has changed in 1.5.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiNero said:
Little Bug since 1.5:

If you don't have WGM used/installed before using 1.5, the themes are not shown in the theme menu. I think its because the setting.cfg location has changed in 1.5.

Themes are dynamically loaded at program start, if the theme directory does not exist it is created along with the default theme. Hence there are no themes to display at all except for default.

Ed

WiiNero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pccfatman said:
WiiNero said:
Little Bug since 1.5:

Themes are dynamically loaded at program start, if the theme directory does not exist it is created along with the default theme. Hence there are no themes to display at all except for default.

Ed
Yes, i know, but i have ALL themes in the theme directory, and i can not change the used theme via menu. Only by editing the settings file ....

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiNero said:
pccfatman said:
WiiNero said:
Little Bug since 1.5:

Ed

Yes, i know, but i have ALL themes in the theme directory, and i can not change the used theme via menu. Only by editing the settings file ....
Hmm, should be no reason for that, I have not changed that code recently....I'll look into it

Ed

Posts merged

QUOTE(Jabe @ Feb 13 2010, 06:39 PM)
Any news about option to automatically rename folder as:
Game Title [GameID] without underscore?
Not yet
Ed

Micha085

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I really appreciate the Wii Game Manager - it's a really cool program
yaywii.gif
!

Although good things could always be made better - so I have a few requests...

1.) currently you remove / translate all "special characters" (including international chars, e.g. German Umlauts)
in the titles, even when they're written to the custom_titles.txt (by hand).
Actually there's no reason to do this - only a few characters (e.g. "/" and "\") are not allowed
(at least on NTFS drives).
USBLoader GX works fine with such characters in directory names...
So please - don't remove (or replace) them - it's really annoying to always rename the directories
(and also the custom_titles.txt) after WGM writes / creates files...

2.) I have an external USB drive where I store my games - and also the WGM.
It's nice that it now uses a settings.ini in its program directory.
But often the drive letter of my USB drive changes after reconnection and then the WGM doesn't find the paths which are stored in the settings.
Could you please remove the drive letter from the paths in your settings if the directory is on the same drive on which the WGM itself is?
With that you could always automatically add the drive letter which it currently has - and it would work, no matter if the drive letter changes or not...

Support for relative directory paths (relative to WGM's EXE-directory) would also be great...

3.) Support for "Game Title [GAMEID]" scheme would really be nice - but that had already be mentioned here by others
wink.gif

thanks for listen to my requests
rolleyes.gif

regards,
Micha

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Micha085 said:
Hi,

I really appreciate the Wii Game Manager - it's a really cool program
yaywii.gif
!

Although good things could always be made better - so I have a few requests...

1.) currently you remove / translate all "special characters" (including international chars, e.g. German Umlauts)
in the titles, even when they're written to the custom_titles.txt (by hand).
Actually there's no reason to do this - only a few characters (e.g. "/" and "\") are not allowed
(at least on NTFS drives).
USBLoader GX works fine with such characters in directory names...
So please - don't remove (or replace) them - it's really annoying to always rename the directories
(and also the custom_titles.txt) after WGM writes / creates files...

Dude, that's a big step backward for people who aren't using your setup. Removing umlauts aside, it's safer to remove the special characters from the directory name so that other programs can work with it well, and because it's just a directory, as long as you can tell what is in it, you really don't need to have every character made the way you want. I don't go back and change all my directory names, I just edit the titles.txt if I want to change how something is displayed. No one really needs to see the directories anyway, that's what this program is for, it manages all that for you.

As for your second request, I'm sure if he gets time he'll do it, he's a good guy, and someone's already been asking him.

I think the priority and validity of requests lie in his capable hands, and bugging the heck out of him may irritate him into ignoring us.

I really do appreciate his work and want him to keep going whenever he gets the urge to do so, as a programmer I know when dealing with customers it can be frustrating to have them overwhelm you with suggestions or annoying you by constantly changing their minds. If you appreciate what he's doing, hit the little "donate" button and show him. I know I will as soon as I get some funds.

And you're right, it is definitely a cool program.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dont mind the suggestions, I appreciate them actually. I may add an option to turn filtering on and off for those people who want the other characters.

Life has been very busy lately for me so I haven't had much time to work on the program. I will add more when I can get some free time. I am pretty happy with the current release so I am not in a big yank to release a new version. I am more focused at the moment on rewriting and optimizing some of the routines for efficiency and stability.

I am also trying to master control of the queue and work out a few nagging bugs that are still around.

Ed

Tagischeap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you make it so the "Show all covers present" are on the side instead of a separate window?

When I back up my games to the hard drive with 'USB loader GX' they come out to be about 7-8gbs
so I 'Create wbfs' of the back ups using this tool to shrink them. Then using this tool I delete the current file of the game on the hard drive, then put the new wbfs on it.
after doing this I get a blank game on the hard drive that doesn't show up on this program but 'USB loader GX', the game itself is in the list as well.
Am I doing something wrong here?

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tagischeap said:
Could you make it so the "Show all covers present" are on the side instead of a separate window?

When I back up my games to the hard drive with 'USB loader GX' they come out to be about 7-8gbs
so I 'Create wbfs' of the back ups using this tool to shrink them. Then using this tool I delete the current file of the game on the hard drive, then put the new wbfs on it.
after doing this I get a blank game on the hard drive that doesn't show up on this program but 'USB loader GX', the game itself is in the list as well.
Am I doing something wrong here?
I am a bit confused, why would your games back up to 7-8gb? Most games are 4gb and the loader should rip them down to wbfs files that are already sized correctly. I don't know anything about Loader GX as I use CFG by Oggzee for all my testing. The only games that should be 7-8gb are DL games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Ed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris