Hacking Wii Game Manager

mortebus

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, backup manager worked fine. I kinda like the Gui better for this one though.
Is it just me having trouble with this?

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
pccfatman said:
This did however make me aware of a problem with translations. The text for certain items does not fit when translated. So I have yet another thing to fix
smile.gif

Thanks Pccfatman,

also translators have to take care of this, shortening somehow the sentences if possible...

Cambo

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there are so many options for splitting, directores, and directory name, maybe they should all be managed in options then whatever you convert will be set to this automatically. Just an idea.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mortebus said:
Hi!
Please be patient, this is my first post and i havent got the foggiest what im doing.
Anyway, I have trouble converting back to my wbfs partion. Nothing seems to happen.
Everything else seems to work fine.
Im on windows 7 running the manager as administrator and in xp compatibility mode.
Otherwise splendid program.
Regards Mortebus

I have never attempted to run the manager in compatibility mode, so I don't know what the results will be. The program was developed on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with .net 3.5 and Visual Basic 2008 Express.

If you switch off compat and it still doesn't work, contact me via msn messenger at [email protected] and I will try and track down the problem for you

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
pccfatman said:
xflak40 said:
if u have trouble with this program, try wii backup manager

these two programs are the top 2 backup manager apps (kind of competing against each other, lol)

I wouldn't necessary call it competing, both of the programs have their good points
wink.gif

Agreed. A matter of taste.

I love this one because it is based on wbfs_file.exe which is reliable.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
pccfatman said:
xflak40 said:
if u have trouble with this program, try wii backup manager

these two programs are the top 2 backup manager apps (kind of competing against each other, lol)

I wouldn't necessary call it competing, both of the programs have their good points
wink.gif

Agreed. A matter of taste.

I love this one because it is based on wbfs_file.exe which is reliable.

Lol, I hate this one because I'm developing it and it is being a pain in the butt
smile.gif

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
French has been added to the list of translations
smile.gif

Thanks to everyone who has provided translations thus far, I will make sure to mention all of you by name when the new version is released
smile.gif

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
LxTrix said:
Since there are so many options for splitting, directores, and directory name, maybe they should all be managed in options then whatever you convert will be set to this automatically. Just an idea.

+1 It would be great to set format option depending on drive format as I talked about before.

And also to add some button to directly convert .iso files into wbfs depending on our options settings.

For example when I would click on this button it would automatically do what I have set in options settings:
-Browse my default .iso file folder to load .iso games
-Download all missing covers (3D cover too) and save it on my external drive
-Convert .iso files of this list into 4Go-32k .wbfs file (as I'm using Fat32 drive)
-If game already exists on external hard drive don't convert .iso and skip to next game
etc.

It would really be easier if there was this magic button.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jabe said:
LxTrix said:

+1 It would be great to set format option depending on drive format as I talked about before.

And also to add some button to directly convert .iso files into wbfs depending on our options settings.

For example when I would click on this button it would automatically do what I have set in options settings:
-Browse my default .iso file folder to load .iso games
-Download all missing covers (3D cover too) and save it on my external drive
-Convert .iso files of this list into 4Go-32k .wbfs file (as I'm using Fat32 drive)
-If game already exists on external hard drive don't convert .iso and skip to next game
etc.

It would really be easier if there was this magic button.

Hmm interesting suggestion, I'll think on it some

Ed

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
An other feature I thought about is the ability to check on startup (or every X days) size of titles.txt and wiitdb.xml.

If size (in bytes) is different than online size automatically update file or display some message like:
"There is some newer version of titles.txt, would you like to download updated file?"
And same goes with wiitdb.xml.

What do you think about it?

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DMzda said:
Just incase you didnt see it, wbfs_File has been updated to 2.8. (See THIS)

Yep thanks, I've already begun implementing those features
Ed

Posts merged

QUOTE(Jabe @ Jan 12 2010, 08:38 AM) An other feature I thought about is the ability to check on startup (or every X days) size of titles.txt and wiitdb.xml.

If size (in bytes) is different than online size automatically update file or display some message like:
"There is some newer version of titles.txt, would you like to download updated file?"
And same goes with wiitdb.xml.

What do you think about it?

Titles.txt would not be a problem, but the xml file comes in a zip file and for some reason, wiitdb does not return the file information for it, so it is always reported as 0 bytes(unknown file size) and no resume

Ed

Posts merged

So,

My apologies to everyone for the delay in release, but there are just too many small bugs to be worked out. I am doing my best to make sure everything is as stable as possible before release.

Ed

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
pccfatman said:
Titles.txt would not be a problem, but the xml file comes in a zip file and for some reason, wiitdb does not return the file information for it, so it is always reported as 0 bytes(unknown file size) and no resume
Bad news for wiitdb, maybe implement some "download automatically each X days" feature for it.

QUOTE(pccfatman @ Jan 12 2010, 08:19 PM) My apologies to everyone for the delay in release, but there are just too many small bugs to be worked out. I am doing my best to make sure everything is as stable as possible before release.

Ed

You're right, do your best it's better to have something stable than buggy.
Or you may implement some features in later version.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, So I going to stop adding new features at the moment....I can't seem to fit them all in and get a release. I will test each function and make sure it is working. Once I am convinced it is stable I will release it as it is.

I am aware there will be bugs that I miss, so if you find one please post it in the thread, I will try to work out each bug that is reported. Try to be as detailed as possible. What tab you were using, what function you attempted, did the program crash or give an error and continue. If it gave an error what did it say, if it crashed what was the exception given. Im sure there are more things I cant think of at the moment.

I will try and get a release tonight if possible.

Ed

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you're not just able to keep up with the additions in wbfs_file, but also add new features, that's great!

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to only add games not already installed.

Looking forward to testing the next release together with the CFG loader 51 release I hope
smile.gif

And thanks for the great program!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Some suggestions :

1. Is it possible to combine "Open .wbfs Files" and "Open .iso Files" into just "Open Files", so that both type of files can be selected at one time ?

2. How about the ability to open one single (.wbfs/.iso) file only ? [i.e. we can either choose a folder or a file or several files]

3. Would it be good to accumulate the open files in the list, while picking files from different locations ?

Thanks for your hard work !

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
Some suggestions :

1. Is it possible to combine "Open .wbfs Files" and "Open .iso Files" into just "Open Files", so that both type of files can be selected at one time ?

2. How about the ability to open one single (.wbfs/.iso) file only ? [i.e. we can either choose a folder or a file or several files]

3. Would it be good to accumulate the open files in the list, while picking files from different locations ?

Thanks for your hard work !

1. I split them on purpose as it was causing issues with multiselect
2. To what purpose? The only advantage I see to this is the time it takes to load the files
3. I can look into this, but it will require some recoding of the way the list is loaded.

Ed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.